Question about the Shareholders Onboard Credit

Quick question.  I sent in the shareholders proof of ownership on June 7th.  I automatically received back the "we are having high volume please allow 21 days".  I have not heard anything back from them.  Is there a place on the website or in the Princess app to see if OBC has been applied to your booking? If so, can you point me in the direction to locate this?   We don't sail until Sept.  Not sure I sent in too early?  Planning to send in again this week if I can't confirm that we have the OBC applied.

(First time sailing with Princess). 

Thanks,

Cindy

10 minutes ago, Cruising Cindy Lou said:

Quick question.  I sent in the shareholders proof of ownership on June 7th.  I automatically received back the "we are having high volume please allow 21 days".  I have not heard anything back from them.  Is there a place on the website or in the Princess app to see if OBC has been applied to your booking? If so, can you point me in the direction to locate this?   We don't sail until Sept.  Not sure I sent in too early?  Planning to send in again this week if I can't confirm that we have the OBC applied.

(First time sailing with Princess). 

Thanks,

Cindy

Once you log into your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess site, and access the specific trip, there is a tab on the far right called "Payments". Scroll down and you will find a section called "Credits" and the Shareholder OBC credit will show up there as "Shareholders Benefits*"

• Like 3

It is normal not to ever hear anything, other than that auto generated e-mail.  Eventually, it should show in your online account.  I will walk you through the exact steps.  1. Go to the Princess website  2.  Logon using your account/Password)   (if you have not created an account you should do it although you can use your booking # to login).  3.  If you have an account just click on My Account and find your upcoming cruise  4.  Click on "Manage this Booking."  

On the upper right of the screen you should than click on "Payments."  Now you just scroll down towards the bottom and you should see "Credits" and the item would be called "Shareholder Benefits."

If it is there I suggest printing out the screen and taking it on your cruise (in case something goes wrong and you do not get the credit).  Otherwise, you should bring along a hard copy of your e-mailed (or faxed) request for the shareholders credit along with the supporting evidence showing you own the CCL stock.   If you do not see the credit in your onboard account by the 2nd day of the cruise, head to the Guest Relations desk with your documentation and ask them to get you the credit :).

Hank

• Like 2

I have been trying to email all my information for Shareholders Benefits since July 5, 2023 to the email address I have always used and it keeps coming back as undeliverable? I am using sbpcl@princesscruises.com  I have tried on 3 different dates since then still get same postmaster message of undeliverable? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

I have been trying to email all my information for Shareholders Benefits since July 5, 2023 to the email address I have always used and it keeps coming back as undeliverable? I am using sbpcl@princesscruises.com  I have tried on 3 different dates since then still get same postmaster message of undeliverable? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nothing wrong with that email address.  I just tested it as well.  Check with your email provider for any blocking (unless you are using webmail like Gmail etc and should be okay). 

PS - Sometimes those email kickback msg's contain some detail info as to the nature of why rejected.  Most certainly the above is a valid PCL email address.

Edited by Steelers36

5 hours ago, victoriaj said:

Check your spelling? Yes, you have it correct in your thread, but unless you have the contact saved, it is easy to have a typo. I submitted my request last Thursday for 3 upcoming sailings around noon, happen to check around midnight that same day, and all were posted with my shareholders benefit, one of the quickest turnarounds for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Check your spelling? Yes, you have it correct in your thread, but unless you have the contact saved, it is easy to have a typo. I submitted my request last Thursday for 3 upcoming sailings around noon, happen to check around midnight that same day, and all were posted with my shareholders benefit, one of the quickest turnarounds for me.

You are lucky! I submitted my request on July 6th. Still nothing. Not worried yet because our cruises are in October. 

1 hour ago, phoebe2m said:

You are lucky! I submitted my request on July 6th. Still nothing. Not worried yet because our cruises are in October. 

@phoebe2m, I would resubmit, my friend submitted his request for his 4 upcoming cruises he booked, while we just on board the Sapphire,  yesterday and just texted me, the shareholders have been applied to all 4 bookings, so that department seems to be processing requests currently in 1 day. I think your original request got lost?

You do know how to check if the benefit is applied? Princess does not notify you your request has been completed.

• Thanks 1

I agree, to resubmit, after confirming your spelling of course. Make sure your device, computer, etc is not auto populating the email address based on a previous misspell.

I have usually received the credit within 1-2 days, but my most recent one had not been applied a week later even though I had received an auto reply to the submission. I resubbed and it showed up the day after. 

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Nothing wrong with that email address.  I just tested it as well.  Check with your email provider for any blocking (unless you are using webmail like Gmail etc and should be okay). 

PS - Sometimes those email kickback msg's contain some detail info as to the nature of why rejected.  Most certainly the above is a valid PCL email address.

Thanks so much I was sure it was correct and checked the website showed the same I'll try once more and then give up and fax.  Again ,any thanks. J

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

I agree, to resubmit, after confirming your spelling of course. Make sure your device, computer, etc is not auto populating the email address based on a previous misspell.

I have usually received the credit within 1-2 days, but my most recent one had not been applied a week later even though I had received an auto reply to the submission. I resubbed and it showed up the day after. 

Thanks yes they have been much quicker than they used to be but could be a glitch on my end so one more try then FAX !!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes first thing I did was check my spelling and it was correct will probably just end  up faxing after one more try.  Thanks .

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

@phoebe2m, I would resubmit, my friend submitted his request for his 4 upcoming cruises he booked, while we just on board the Sapphire,  yesterday and just texted me, the shareholders have been applied to all 4 bookings, so that department seems to be processing requests currently in 1 day. I think your original request got lost?

You do know how to check if the benefit is applied? Princess does not notify you your request has been completed.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will resubmit. I guess I'm used to the old days when they took weeks to apply the credit. Yes, I've been checking our account every day.