Edge class Balcony Cabins

hobgoblin

Has anyone been in the normal style balcony cabins on Edge class ships?

Is it difficult to book one ?

Are they like the Solstice style balcony and where are they on the deck plan? Im not too keen on Infinite style .

I know some are coded Sunset Veranda right at the back of the ship but where are the others and what colour code are they on the deck plan ?

Many thanks in advance .

We actually love the infinite style cabin over the normal balcony.   It's more like a sunroom with openable window and great if you want to lie down next the window all day long reading on a sea day.   Our son was staying with us in the cabin and instead of having his mattress on top of the sofa, we moved it on the floor right next to the window.  The length of the mattress is perfect there.  He loves sleeping there at night.  It is like sleeping right next to the ocean.   During the day, all 3 of us fought for the prime position there to read or listen to music or do some work on the laptop.   

Screenshot 2023-07-18 124749.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lostchild said:

We actually love the infinite style cabin over the normal balcony.   It's more like a sunroom with openable window and great if you want to lie down next the window all day long reading on a sea day.   Our son was staying with us in the cabin and instead of having his mattress on top of the sofa, we moved it on the floor right next to the window.  The length of the mattress is perfect there.  He loves sleeping there at night.  It is like sleeping right next to the ocean.   During the day, all 3 of us fought for the prime position there to read or listen to music or do some work on the laptop.   

Screenshot 2023-07-18 124749.jpg

Seems to have been perfect for you..I still want to try one myself. 

On 7/18/2023 at 2:48 PM, lostchild said:

I tell people it's a panoramic ocean view with a window that opens.  Not that I dislike them, I just think it's the most accurate description.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

I tell people it's a panoramic ocean view with a window that opens.  Not that I dislike them, I just think it's the most accurate description.

And sometimes the window doesn't open especially in inclement weather.  Would never book one I still love traditional balconies.