Cancellation fee fir rebooking same cruise under different category

tango9

Hi. I wondered what other people have experienced when they cancel a cruise to rebook the same cruise under a different promotion and different category. I thought if one rebooked right away then there would be no cancellation fee of $75. I am being charged this fee although my traveling companion , who did the same thing. on this same cruise at the same time, was told there is no fee. I have my booking with a TA ( who says the fee is not theirs) and my friend has booking with Azamara. Should I push this issue?

2 hours ago, tango9 said:

Hi. I wondered what other people have experienced when they cancel a cruise to rebook the same cruise under a different promotion and different category. I thought if one rebooked right away then there would be no cancellation fee of $75. I am being charged this fee although my traveling companion , who did the same thing. on this same cruise at the same time, was told there is no fee. I have my booking with a TA ( who says the fee is not theirs) and my friend has booking with Azamara. Should I push this issue?

Ring Azamara yourself.

• Like 1

A TA I used several years ago charged a cancellation fee when I did that same type of change. I agree with Grandma Cruising about ringing AZ and inquiring whether it was their fee or the TA's.

That was the last time I used that TA.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

If just moving categories it shouldn't be a fee; if it's actually canceling and rebooking it typically is a fee.  I think that some of the call center agents overlook the fee and some strictly adhere to it.  Your agent should call Azamara again and also contact their BDM if it isn't resolved to your satisfaction.