Hotel between FLL & Miami

mak5

I am flying into FLL, and cruising from Miami, however I have 2 days at a hotel. I am travelling solo for the first time, so am looking for something Either in FL or in Miami, or in between. 

Safe area, close to some shopping & restaurants,  and a very nice pool. I don't need to be on the beach, but don't mind either. Safety is the key.  Would prefer breakfast included, but not a deal breaker.

I have stayed in FL & in Miami in the past but never in the in between areas. (and I am not really familiar with the areas to know if they are safe)

Thanks for any advice!

• Like 1

A nice in-between area is Hollywood Beach.  There is the Marriott or Margaritaville located right on the Hollywood Broadwalk, if you are looking for a larger chain hotel, but there are also a number of little independent mom and pop motels.  There is not much there for shopping (depending on what you are looking for), but Aventura Mall for high-end shopping is an Uber ride away.  Along the Broadwalk, there are plenty of restaurants and alsoacross Ocean Blvd along the Intracoastal Waterway.  The Broadwalk is a 2.5 mile paved, pedestrian / bike only, pathway.  

https://www.visitlauderdale.com/listing/hollywood-oceanfront-broadwalk/2457/

Edited by brunello22
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to book private transit with a 9pm arrival. Unless it is a large group just go with a rideshare Uber/Lyft. There are plenty until later in the evening. FLL is fairly bust with arrivals through midnight. This is a large international airport. 

Edited by Flymia

We have stayed at the DoubleTree Resort in Hollywood Beach several times and loved the location.  It’s 20 minutes to Fort Lauderdale, and about 30 to South Beach Miami.  Beautiful resort with a gorgeous pool on the intercostal, and across the street from the beach. 

• Like 1