P&O Ventura Formal Night Dates

Woolmull

We’re off on Ventura in a couple of weeks and the online itinerary has the formal nights logged as the Mondays and Thursdays on both weeks. Can anyone verify if this is accurate? The reason for my question is that the formal nights listed on an Arvia cruise in April turned out to not be accurate. 

thanks folks 

9 minutes ago, Woolmull said:

We’re off on Ventura in a couple of weeks and the online itinerary has the formal nights logged as the Mondays and Thursdays on both weeks. Can anyone verify if this is accurate? The reason for my question is that the formal nights listed on an Arvia cruise in April turned out to not be accurate. 

thanks folks 

Formal nights tend always to be on a sea day. On very rare occasions they are on 0port days but only when one of the two sea days is the last day of the cruise on a & night cruise.

1 hour ago, Woolmull said:

thanks folks 

Did your Arvia cruise have an late itinerary change? If so, likely that the formal nights were also changed late to maximise enjoyment.

34 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Did your Arvia cruise have an late itinerary change? If so, likely that the formal nights were also changed late to maximise enjoyment.

The formal nights on our recent 14 night Britannia cruise were incorrect on the cruise Personaliser until the week before we sailed when they changed, and there was no itinerary change! It was an error.

On 7/24/2023 at 7:45 PM, Woolmull said:

thanks folks 

For a an Arcadia cruise which we did in June the formal nights were on totally different days to the ones which were on the P&O login prior to the cruise, and there was no itinerary change and there was no change to those incorrect dates before we boarded the ship.  Basically the formal nights are decided by staff on the cruise, (I think the cruise director), and appears to have no real connection to what is published by P&O as this is not the only cruise when that happened in our experience.  It also happened on an Azura fly cruise and an Aurora cruise. 

We were very glad the formals were changed on Arcadia as two of them were supposed to be on nights when we were scenic cruising,after leaving Olden and Hamburg respectively, but they were changed to sea days, which is usually what is done.  We had brilliant weather on those two days and spent the entire evening out on deck, just popping into the self service for a bite later as we were nearing the open sea.

Edited by tring

Formal nights tend to fall on sea days so most people have time to get ready. They are very rarely on days in port as most people are off on trips. The final formal night is usually the evening prior to the final sea day so everyone can get packed ready to disembark. Things can change though at a drop of a hat nothing is set in stone. Although we always pack formal wear we often forget formal nights in favour of complete comfort and do our own thing away from all the stuffiness.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:27 PM, Selbourne said:

The formal nights on our recent 14 night Britannia cruise were incorrect on the cruise Personaliser until the week before we sailed when they changed, and there was no itinerary change! It was an error.

Foe that one I suspect that the formal nights were set for B318 and not changed for B318N. Or rather not changed on the personaliser until late. When the question was asked on a forum I was on it was implied that some of the form nights appeared to be port days. I said that that was wrong and predicted the change that came.