Beverage Card question

viajante74

On 8/28/2023 at 6:28 PM, kazu said:

No worries.  Then it sounds like the beverage cards are turning into non refundable?  That’s really disappointing.  Doesn’t seem right to me 😔 

It would also be illegal for HAL to keep money owing to you.  This needs further clarification and if it is indeed the case that they are keeping customers money that is a legal issue. 

2 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

It would also be illegal for HAL to keep money owing to you.  This needs further clarification and if it is indeed the case that they are keeping customers money that is a legal issue. 

It was the case on my last cruise.  The card was marked non refundable on the reverse so I made sure I used every last penny on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

It was the case on my last cruise.  The card was marked non refundable on the reverse so I made sure I used every last penny on it.

If that is the case, there is zero advantage to getting a beverage card, not that there was much of an advantage before. And if they can't be used for happy hour it is less than zero, it is a negative to buy one as you risk spending more money and not being refunded.

Just off volendam. Day 2 used bev card I Bought no problem at happy hour. Day 3 different bartender. He took card then came back and said not valid for hh because price already discounted. I told him this was a 100 dollar gift card that I paid 100 dollars for, no discount. Then he said was computers fault.  Did not want to make a big deal out of it so gave him my key card. Went to guest services next day and they told me that I Could use it at hh. I did not have any problem using it after that.  I bought it 3 weeks before cruise with my credit card.   So who knows,  I also used one on Eurodam in January with no problem

• Like 1