La Dame- $160 pp or $320 for dinner for 2!!!!

A Tucson Guy

24 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

But, but, but - you may have to pay tens of thousands of dollars more, but the value of the complimentary La Dame dinner included with those suites has been "enhanced!"  😂

I didn't build that into my calculation I must admit. So, let me see: it now costs me an extra $20K to move from a Silver Suite to an Owners Suite and for that I get some extra real estate, a second potty AND a free dinner at La Dame worth $320. Maybe a good deal after all. 🤪

• Haha 5

This reminds me of some of the high dollar SALT excursions currently offered on the Dawn and Moon.  Our voyage this past spring featured a $1,400 per head excursion to Mirazur, a Michelin restaurant in Menton which was cancelled due to lack of interest.  The exorbitant cost didn't even include an appearance from the head chef.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Can anyone give me an idea of how these new upcharges for the two speciality restaurants compare with what's now available on Regent? I suspect some of us might want to rethink who we will sail with in future. 

Regent also alternates between specialty restaurants for lunch on sea days with no charge.  
  I have no desire to dine at LaDame, but wife likes Kaiseki. She may be dining alone .

BTW, did anyone else get the 20 minute survey from SS ?  Quite a few questions about specialty restaurants.

8 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

BTW, did anyone else get the 20 minute survey from SS ?  Quite a few questions about specialty restaurants.

No I did not. Did it come as an email? Any chance you have a link to it that you can post?

2 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:
Specialty Restaurant Charges on the Silver Nova
  • La Dame will be $160 per head, with options for Connoisseur wine pairing (+$90) or Champagne pairing (+$140).
  • Kaiseki will be $80 per head for dinner (and still included for lunch).

Thx for the update from the other site. I don’t miss the drama over there, but appreciate the informative details you shared.

How much you want to bet these enhancements are implemented on Silver Ray in 2024?

Having started this thread, I am now convinced that the cost for La Dame, for now only on the Nova and Ray, is $320 per couple. For me, at that price, I do not feel like I am getting a good value. Actually, I feel like I am getting ripped off!! We did enjoy La Dame in the past at $120 per couple. At the new and improved price, La Dame will not be seeing us. Currently, we have 5 SS cruises booked and 2 Regent cruises booked. I do only look at the newer ships on both and try to be a "bean counter" when trying to decide which cruise line to go on. I enjoy both lines but this pricing issue is giving me heartburn. On the 8-21-23 Nova cruise, we booked La Dame twice at $120 per couple and the reservation was confirmed. Now they change the price and don't notify me on the new rip off price. That is not "kosher". Yes, money is important, but feeling like I have been treated fairly is also important. As an aside, I did email the person that Barbara M. gave me for these types of issues and I never got a response. Nice customer service. I am just glad I caught this before my cruise and getting the tab at our first dinner in La Dame.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thx for the update from the other site. I don’t miss the drama over there, but appreciate the informative details you shared.

How much you want to bet these enhancements are implemented on Silver Ray in 2024?

I checked my booking on the Ray and the new prices are on that ship also.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A Tucson Guy said:

…feeling like I have been treated fairly is also important.

Considering how few SS passengers even know CruiseCritic exists, I imagine there are going to be a lot of ticked off people, like you, when they receive the email or worse yet, not until they dine, and learn their reservation for two @ $120 is not honored and instead costs and additional $200 more.

• Like 2

The last time I was onboard a Silversea ship, I remarked on how the Main Dining Room only seemed to be about half full.  Because there were so many other dining options, including La Dame.  It actually seemed to be a little sad.

Now maybe the MDR will have more patrons, so it will be a happier place.

56 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

For those who sailed SS before 2010 and dined in Le Champagne, how much did SS charge for the nightly regional (Burgundy, Bordeaux, etc.) degustation menus that included
Connoisseur wine pairings?  I can’t remember, unfortunately.

In 2012 on the Wind we paid $100 per person.  It was our anniversary/my birthday (yes we got married on my birthday to make a cruise the next day) so it was in line with what we would have paid for an upscale restaurant back home.  It was an amazing dinner, way more than LaDame today.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

For those who sailed SS before 2010 and dined in Le Champagne, how much did SS charge for the nightly regional (Burgundy, Bordeaux, etc.) degustation menus that included
Connoisseur wine pairings?  I can’t remember, unfortunately.

Started with SS in 2005 on Silver Whisper and dined in Le Champagne. From memory it was $30 per pax for the dining menu with a choice of complementary wines or paid for wine carte. Don't remember seeing the cost of the wine pairings. Even at $30 my wife and I were the only diners. How much would that exclusivity cost today. We were out numbered by the sommelier, two waiting staff and chef.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Having started this thread, I am now convinced that the cost for La Dame, for now only on the Nova and Ray, is $320 per couple. For me, at that price, I do not feel like I am getting a good value. Actually, I feel like I am getting ripped off!! We did enjoy La Dame in the past at $120 per couple. 

Am 100% with our wise neighbor from Arizona.  Not worth it, or even close, at $320 per couple for us.  

Depending on the sailings and demand, maybe they will "discount" this jacked-up sticker price and offer "specials" to those new to cruising with SS and/or those who are long-time customers.  Lots of "Marketing Tricks" can be played to fill it up or make people think they are getting a "deal"??

Having listened to the top Royal Caribbean parent CEO, CFO, etc., types this morning during their Second Quarter stock market report, it is all about increasing revenue and trying to provide better "value" compared to land-based vacations and adventures.  The "bean-counters" are in charge and know they have lots of debt and expenses to cover.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 248,131 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

• Like 2

For our upcoming Silver Moon, Feb. 11-29, 2024, Mumbai to Singapore sailing, below is a screen shot what they show right now for the La Dame price as being at $60 pp.  

Will it change?  They do have a typo as they refer to it being for the Silver Muse, when we will actually be sailing on the Moon.  Details??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.png.d8918dc6086fd2831a691ddf2f8e9f6b.png

It is interesting that the most of the comments about La Dame and Kaiseki on these boards have been, on the whole, rather lukewarm - with a few raves and a few bad experiences.  So, instead of raising the quality so that more people are signing up, they raise the price and expect people to take their word that the quality will be worth it.  Perhaps customers will think it's better because it costs more?  They tried that by moving the spa to the Otivm concept and my experience is that it was not worth it.

The idea that I do like is the SALT chef's table dinners.  Although that is a big (big!) swallow at $180 per person, it is at least a new concept and includes a kind of show.  And somehow food always tastes better when it is cooked in front of you and arrives piping hot.  Many people consider the ship as the resort and don't necessarily go for the ports, so this is something for them.  That said, these offerings are for those who like and can appreciate fine wines and spirits, and that leaves out DH and me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

For our upcoming Silver Moon, Feb. 11-29, 2024, Mumbai to Singapore sailing, below is a screen shot what they show right now for the La Dame price as being at $60 pp.  

Will it change?  They do have a typo as they refer to it being for the Silver Muse, when we will actually be sailing on the Moon.  Details??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.png.d8918dc6086fd2831a691ddf2f8e9f6b.png

The new and improved costs for the two restaurants is currently only for the Nova and the Ray. I think if SS finds enough suckers, they will extend it to the rest of the fleet. As I posted earlier, La Dame is not the French Laundry, by a long way.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CJANDH said:

No I did not. Did it come as an email? Any chance you have a link to it that you can post?

I got it 2 days ago via email. To entice you to fill it out, you’re put in a raffle for a $ 250 gift card. Unfortunately, I erased the email after submitting the survey.

18 hours ago, taxatty said:

This is a creative SS method for eating up (pun intended) a lot of the current $1000 per cabin OBC promotion for certain cruises.

Prefer spending the OBC on the mediocre spa treatments rather than an ever more expensive dinner at La Dame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2