Posh Beach Club on Epic

Feralfrank

Hi - When I'm on my NCL app it looks like you have to pay to have access to the Posh Beach Club area on the Epic.  We are not in Haven, just in a balcony room.  Is this the case?  Do you feel it's worth the $199 for access for the week?

Edited by Feralfrank

9 minutes ago, Feralfrank said:

Hi - When I'm on my NCL app it looks like you have to pay to have access to the Posh Beach Club area on the Epic.  We are not in Haven, just in a balcony room.  Is this the case?  Do you feel it's worth the $199 for access for the week?

$199 for the week?  Yikes, that is a big price jump from March when we were on the Epic.   While some of us were in the Haven, I purchased the passes for everyone in our extended family not staying in the Haven at $59 a pass.   The pass availability was extremely limited to I believe 18 or 20 passes.   They went within minutes of boarding, and we were the second group at Guest Services requesting them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Feralfrank said:

The Posh Club is the private sun deck for the Haven. It also doubles as the for-fee Vibe club for the Epic. In the past, they sold around a dozen total passes to non-Haven guests.

It is cheaper than the normal Vibe pass which is about $250 on other ships. 

The public sundecks are perfectly fine. Paying for a sundeck is unnecessary. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SharkieQueen said:

Agree wholeheartedly with Bird - there are plenty of sun beds around the pool and in Spice H2O, and to be honest I didn’t feel Posh was posh at all ☹️😳

The Spice H20 on the Epic is double the size of Spices on all other ships. And has a small pool in addition to hot tubs. Very nice. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Feralfrank said:

I was on the Epic in April and it was 8 days and the Posh Pass was $219 for the week. Many people, including myself had been quoted $79 on the phone. I think I was the first one in line at guest services to request one, since I wasn't in the Haven. You couldn't book it ahead of time, as some Vibe beach club passes on other ships. 

I think it was totally worth it. We had 2 sea days, and used it most of the whole day on those sea days. Even when we were in port, I used it after we got back. Looking down on the lower deck at the pool where it was packed/crowded. I thought it was worth it, but then I was solo on that cruise. It was quiet and not very crowded.

They only give out 10-20 passes to non Haven members, so you have to arrive early and go straight to guest services. There were umbrellas, padded seating, two level deck (the higher deck, there was smoking allowed and no umbrellas).There was also a bar.  It never got so crowded, that I couldn't find a seat. To access it'll go on your cruise card and you use that to access it via the elevator or the door from inside near the stairwell. I used the glass elevators from the pool deck to go up two decks..

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Feralfrank said:

I used to love the Posh on the Epic, but sorry $199 is not worth it. You can do a lot with that money.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MiniJeffrey said:

I used to love the Posh on the Epic, but sorry $199 is not worth it. You can do a lot with that money.

Why I posted this:

Posh is nothing more than a dedicated sundeck with own bar and better chairs/loungers with good cushions. Even when it's "crowded" it's still relatively quiet and the bar staff will easily be available due to the limited capacity having a dedicated bar and staff. But in all honestly that's all you get. There's no hot tub, no pool, no foodies, etc. It's just a sun deck with a bar and better loungers. And if's very weather dependant, if its bad weather they will close it.

When I did a transatlantic few years ago it was $99 for 2 weeks. That's a bargain, but $199 for two weeks. Sorry no.

We paid $59 per person in February and we rarely used it.  It was too windy so they didn’t put out the umbrellas, so it was just a sun deck with a bar. I will say, the bar served the best drinks.  There was plenty of loungers and fun on the public deck.  The only reason I could see paying $199 per person is if you wanted to pretend you were staying in The Haven.