Water, water, water

New2cruise2022

I’ve researched. I’ve even posted. Still, I haven’t figured out what water is available on board Princess ships.

I know water is boring compared to what each bar has available. But, I’m one of those people that values high-quality H20. I am picky and will choose almost any water about Aquafina or Dasani. 

I will be on Princess and will have Plus. I know this includes bottled water. I assume this is “purified” rather than artisan. These are the bottles I probably find at Costco or Sams Club in a 40 pack and they are 500 mL. I assume I can pick these up at any bar. Drink them. Throw one in my fridge for later. I’ve even read that most of the time I can take it into port. Any confirmations, additions, or recent experiences or pictures are welcome. 

Now, dinner. I know bubbly water is available for dinner. I assume this is San Pellegrino or Perrier but I haven’t hear what experience this has been for people. Is this coming in the small individual bottles, or is there a bigger bottle to use throughout the meal? (Our entire party will be on Plus so this isn’t a sharing loophole question.)

For people that don’t like the bubbles, is there a still water option? Is this small and individual or a larger bottle to drink throughout the meal? Am I still stuck with the Costco/off-label water bottle or is there something a little … fancier? My reading leads me to believe there is no Acqua Panna, but is there some glass bottle upgrade from a flimsy plastic bottle?

Thank you for your input. One non-water question, I will have underage teenagers with me. At meals, is there a non-alcoholic sparkling cider or something similar? Is this included in Plus or additional?

yes, you can grab a bottle at any bar, you can grab bottles to take into port with you also, and they are 500ML.

no “fancier” still water onboard.

”bubbly” water only comes in the normal small bottles.
Personally on our last cruise on the British Isle’s..the bottled water was some local brand, and it tasted like POOP!

we actually would order the bottles, and dump the water out and refill them with water from the sink in our stateroom (if you didn’t know; that water is actually purified using multi-stage RO, similar to a system you’d have under your sink at home)

however, in the states, princess used a different brand, which was much better tasting than it’s UK counterpart.

Edited by KarmaCruisers
  • Like 1

Both San Pellegrino and Perrier were available the last time I checked while on board. (This was in April on the Ruby.) I sometimes drank SP at dinner, and my glass was filled from small bottle(s) as many times as I wanted.

I'm picky about the taste of water (according to my husband), and the still water in plastic bottles was fine. Not stellar, but drinkable. To be honest, I'm fine with the filtered water as well. I usually carry an insulated tumbler filled with ice and water from the buffet. If we're not sailing with the Plus package, I preorder a pack of bottled water for convenience, carrying on excursions, etc.

5 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Thank you for your input. One non-water question, I will have underage teenagers with me. At meals, is there a non-alcoholic sparkling cider or something similar? Is this included in Plus or additional?

Are your teens booked as 3rd or 4th passengers? If so, just so you are aware, even if you book Plus package for passengers 1 and 2, it does not include Plus for passengers 3 and 4. You could book the Classic Soda package for them which is $14.99/day.   It depends on how much they drink, whether or not this is good value. It includes sodas, fruit juices, mocktails and smoothies.

Without a Plus package, in the dining room, you can get iced tea or lemonade for no additional charge.

I think the brand is dependant on itinerary.  You won't find Cosco water on a ship sailing out of the UK.  We just did Norway and the water was just fine, IMO.  I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't anything I recognized from the USA.

29 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I think the brand is dependant on itinerary.  You won't find Cosco water on a ship sailing out of the UK.  We just did Norway and the water was just fine, IMO.  I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't anything I recognized from the USA.

You will get whatever brand they happen to get at the port where the load the ship. We have seen many different brands none very high end 

I only get still water if we are going ashore. Then we grab a bottle or two for shore consumption. Onboard I drink the ship's water and it's fine. In the evening I tend to have a San Pellegrino before bed. With Plus the small bottles are included. They also generally have Perrier but I prefer the San Pellegrino.

8 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’ve researched. I’ve even posted. Still, I haven’t figured out what water is available on board Princess ships.

I know water is boring compared to what each bar has available. But, I’m one of those people that values high-quality H20. I am picky and will choose almost any water about Aquafina or Dasani. 

I will be on Princess and will have Plus. I know this includes bottled water. I assume this is “purified” rather than artisan. These are the bottles I probably find at Costco or Sams Club in a 40 pack and they are 500 mL. I assume I can pick these up at any bar. Drink them. Throw one in my fridge for later. I’ve even read that most of the time I can take it into port. Any confirmations, additions, or recent experiences or pictures are welcome. 

Now, dinner. I know bubbly water is available for dinner. I assume this is San Pellegrino or Perrier but I haven’t hear what experience this has been for people. Is this coming in the small individual bottles, or is there a bigger bottle to use throughout the meal? (Our entire party will be on Plus so this isn’t a sharing loophole question.)

For people that don’t like the bubbles, is there a still water option? Is this small and individual or a larger bottle to drink throughout the meal? Am I still stuck with the Costco/off-label water bottle or is there something a little … fancier? My reading leads me to believe there is no Acqua Panna, but is there some glass bottle upgrade from a flimsy plastic bottle?

DH and I were  on the Regal Princess this past May. We had the plus package, so waters of all kind were included, but much to DH's disapointment, the ship ran out of San Pellegrino and Perrier water 3 days into our 12 day cruise and it was never replenished.  We did get bottles of water from the bar to take back to our cabin, but I don't recall the brand. I don't think it was Desani water though. If you have the plus package you can get club soda from the bar if they run out of bottled sparkling water.

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Are your teens booked as 3rd or 4th passengers? If so, just so you are aware, even if you book Plus package for passengers 1 and 2, it does not include Plus for passengers 3 and 4. You could book the Classic Soda package for them which is $14.99/day.   It depends on how much they drink, whether or not this is good value. It includes sodas, fruit juices, mocktails and smoothies.

Without a Plus package, in the dining room, you can get iced tea or lemonade for no additional charge.

We have multiple cabins to accommodate everyone as 1st or 2nd

• Like 1

Your cabin sink has to be cleaner than the dispensers in the buffet. 

Passengers turn a blind eye to the signs at the buffet water dispenser stations that state not to refill your personal water bottles.  Many times the lip of the container which has their saliva makes contact with the spout.  Some people refill their used cup from the pitchers in the buffet.  Too many germs.  I always drink bottled water and get espresso/coffee from the coffee outlet, which on Princess is the International Cafe or the Espresso Bar in the World Fresh Marketplace.

Currently on the Enchanted. Still water comes from local ports (e.g., Greek bottled water in Greece) and is given out freely. We regularly ask for 4 bottles at a time. 

Our whole table orders Pellegrino and/or Perrier at dinner, but it is served in smaller bottles.