Who gets the commission travel agent or Princess phone agent?

phabric

My cousin booked Standard with a travel agent (CDN) and paid for On Board Services - tips, WiFi separately.  When he heard about the new adds on with Plus, he called in to cancel the paid On Board Services.  The phone agent said if they paid the Plus today as there was a sale- $40 off for 2 on a 14 day cruise.   Agent cancelled all On Board Services and added Plus.  They paid for the Plus.  The cruise has not been paid off yet.

Their Personalizer shows each - 1 device Wifi, tips, drinks, 2 fitness classes, 2 desserts, free medallion delivery (can’t use as CDN).  No mention of the new Plus items mentioned today.

Who gets the commission for the paid Plus, the Princess phone agent or their travel agent?

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

Don't know the answer but the new stuff announced today doesn't start til August 12 so their personalizer will only show what is offered now not the future.

That is what I thought and passed it on to them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Travel agent will get the commission on the plus

Thanks, that was what they were hoping for that their travel agent would get the commission.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phabric said:

My cousin booked Standard with a travel agent (CDN) and paid for On Board Services - tips, WiFi separately.  When he heard about the new adds on with Plus, he called in to cancel the paid On Board Services.  The phone agent said if they paid the Plus today as there was a sale- $40 off for 2 on a 14 day cruise.   Agent cancelled all On Board Services and added Plus.  They paid for the Plus.  The cruise has not been paid off yet.

Their Personalizer shows each - 1 device Wifi, tips, drinks, 2 fitness classes, 2 desserts, free medallion delivery (can’t use as CDN).  No mention of the new Plus items mentioned today.

Who gets the commission for the paid Plus, the Princess phone agent or their travel agent?

I wonder if they were given discount in part because they won't get Medallions mailed.  Or rep was thinking that.  By the time their future voyage comes along, they will be able to get Medallions.  I suppose it was just a bit of an incenitve to get them to book.  Total cost $1680, less $40 isn't a huge give from PCL.