Times for Boarding and Deboarding

jsn55

Was just confirming some details on a ShoreX for Epic Med sailing October 16 out of Marseille.  A little box says that for security reasons, you must be on board 2 hours before departure and can take up to two hours to get off the ship after docking.  It seemed to refer to every day, not just first and last day as we're used to.  Hopefully I'm just being an alarmist.  Surely they're not stealing 4 hours out of each day in port???

its incorrect information that been on the ncl website for many many years. the 2 hours is only for the embarkation day. does not apply to port days.

for port days you need to back onboard at least 30 minutes prior to departure time . the time will be posted in the freestyle daily and signs in the gangway area

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Was just confirming some details on a ShoreX for Epic Med sailing October 16 out of Marseille.  A little box says that for security reasons, you must be on board 2 hours before departure and can take up to two hours to get off the ship after docking.  It seemed to refer to every day, not just first and last day as we're used to.  Hopefully I'm just being an alarmist.  Surely they're not stealing 4 hours out of each day in port???

At your initial embarkation port, you need to be onboard 2 hours prior to departure. 

At ports of call, you can disembark shortly after the ship arrives. And all aboard is 30 minutes prior to departure time. (Could be slightly longer at tender ports). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

At your initial embarkation port, you need to be onboard 2 hours prior to departure. 

At ports of call, you can disembark shortly after the ship arrives. And all aboard is 30 minutes prior to departure time. (Could be slightly longer at tender ports). 

Yes, that's common knowledge and has been my experience.  I'm interested in hearing from people who have completed this cruise recently.   I'll go back to NCL website and have another look at the ominous box I saw.  It's perhaps a warning about what MIGHT be the policy at certain ports.  

12 hours ago, shof515 said:

its incorrect information that been on the ncl website for many many years. the 2 hours is only for the embarkation day. does not apply to port days.

for port days you need to back onboard at least 30 minutes prior to departure time . the time will be posted in the freestyle daily and signs in the gangway area

You've made my day!!  My nephew is travelling with me, and he's never been to Europe, so I was particularly upset about this info on NCL's website.