Platinum question

cpa2be

We were Platinum C & A members on our last cruise and enjoyed circumventing the long line at check in. We were also allowed to board the ship as one of the first groups.

We will be traveling with 4 other family members on our next cruise who are Gold C & A members. Do you know if they will be permitted to board early with us or must they wait and do it normally?

I had 3 cabins booked last year and only the passengers in our cabin could use the priority line though our reservations were linked together. My husband and I were the only platinum C&A.

Maybe it depends on who's checking the cruise tickets in line.

Last year, when we had the RS, and were Platinum, RCCl allowed all of our family and friends cruising with us, to board at the same time. I don't think RCCL will hold anyone in your party, and let them all board with you.

Rick

On our last cruise RCL cruise in January on the Enchantment, I think at least

four separate staff members checked to make sure we were in the right line for suites or Platinum/Diamond members. Like I stated, guess it depends on the staff.

The year before on the Explorer I took my whole family in the priority line and when they realized only my husband and I were Platinum, the rest of the cabins had to go to the regular lines. But the other two passengers in our cabin could stay with us. Maybe it was because the lines were too long.

My hubby has NEVER cruised as a passenger, only as crew, and I was told, because he lives at the same address, he gets my status automatically. I keep signing him up to go and he keeps backing out, but I have asked every time we sail.

RevSmith-

Call RCCL and have them link you and your spouse's C&A numbers. Your spouse will then become diamond and enjoy the same benefits. Many people don't know about this, but RCCL will link the two numbers to make them the same (and higher) level.

RevSmith-

Call RCCL and have them link you and your spouse's C&A numbers. Your spouse will then become diamond and enjoy the same benefits. Many people don't know about this, but RCCL will link the two numbers to make them the same (and higher) level.

Hey Rev! You make the coffee yet? My husband shows platinum on Royal Caribbean's site even though he had only 3 cruise credits prior to last weekend. But last weekends JS made him Platinum too, Diamond here we come!

As for original posters question. I asked just out of curiosity last weekend. The check in lady in the C&A lounge (San Pedro) said no, they had to board through the normal channels. I have yet to try it but asked because I am traveling with all newbies on the Freedom.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for all the replies. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. I certainly don't want to rile any Platinum and Diamond members by having them with us in the priority area. :rolleyes: Believe me, it's not life and death if we don't walk onto the ship together.

We're taking our 2 sons and their fiance's. They cruised with us last year so they know the ropes.

Thanks.

In Miami we got on the ship as regular cruisers faster than our friends that were in the Platinum and Diamond lounge. We had our set sail pass filled out on line and were checked in under 10 minutes. We arrived at the pier about 11 AM and the ship was ready to board as soon as a wedding party was checked in. Our friends were waiting in the lounge and waited until a RCL came and got them telling them they could check in.

Archived