Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay.  Your post has made it quite clear that guest can elect the one-time $15 service fee and it will cover all Ocean Now deliveries to any location, including the cabin.  Just don't pick up the phone to order anything or they will hit you for another $5.  IMO, ordering via TV for delivery equates to Ocean Now and is not using the phone, so no $5 per usage fee - falls under the $15 ON fee.

Really?  You think if you already paid the ON $15 fee, you cannot use the phone?

Makes sense, but ridiculous IMO.

Problem, you can’t even get glasses of water or put notes on the RS order via the App.  I made an order and would have to phone RS to add items, like glasses of water, iced tea, Wine glasses, fruit basket, etc.

This is getting interesting.  🤔

1 minute ago, JLC0912 said:

I believe in living beneath your means,  and as such, do not appreciate the cruise lines trying to put me into a certain class of ppl. At an Asia cruise I was looking at- Spectrum of the Seas, the entire solarium is to be used by only a certain class of suite guests.  That is a huge portion of the ship to be cordoned off and not be used by the remaining passengers.

I'm beginning to question why Cruise critic doesn't have a sad emoji on here. 😪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Keep in mind it's a prefixed menu so the type of pizza that might be on that fixed menu maybe one that you don't care to have. It will be really interesting like I said I'm excited when I join Sunday and I start talking to some crew on there and hoping they'll let me get a sneak peek at what's to come.

Someone posted this menu on facebook so it looks like $14.99 is cover charge to choose 1 appetizer, 1 pizza or pasta, and dessert.

Gigis Pizzeria by Alfredo_EX-XP_2023-7-24.pdf

• Thanks 8

1 minute ago, emeraldlake said:

Someone posted this menu on facebook so it looks like $14.99 is cover charge to choose 1 appetizer, 1 pizza or pasta, and dessert.

Gigis Pizzeria by Alfredo_EX-XP_2023-7-24.pdf 1.26 MB · 0 downloads

So I actually saw the physical menu for this This is the menu actually from the Enchanted Princess. Those are just upcharged pizza The ones that are $12 because they've got some fancy ingredients on it. That's the only thing that cost extra why the rest of that menu currently is complimentary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you try it in the pool?  With all those nuts maybe it will float?  😂 

Wait, they probably cut down on the nuts!

😜

Just what I read on the internet. 

I'm trying to keep up reading this thread and getting more confused every page. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, emeraldlake said:

So, if we Plus pkg guests share a pizza meal, could the one not ordering the meal get a free dessert, since we are eligible for free special* desserts?

Would anyone like to guess when Plus package prices might increase? I am still hoping to purchase it at $60 on Aug 19 cruise onboard using my OBC. Hoping that won’t be a new change as well.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yup

Holland America is moving in that direction also.  They do have extra charges to include drink and tips, and there is also Club Orange. 

Edited by stevenr597
Update message
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeTO said:

Would anyone like to guess when Plus package prices might increase? I am still hoping to purchase it at $60 on Aug 19 cruise onboard using my OBC. Hoping that won’t be a new change as well.

Who knows what will be coming next.  Since people are buying onboard to save insurance costs (insurance based on % of cruise cost of which pkg is included), they may decide to increase cost when purchasing on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DeeTO said:

I think they are going to go up really soon.  Can you use the OBC now with Princess, prior to the cruise?

2 hours ago, Selion said:

By design.  Princess wants you to buy the packages.

Of course that's their bottom intent.

We had previously decided not to purchase the package on future trips since we don't utilize the drink portion to it's fullest but IF we continue sailing Princess in the future, I'll have rethink that decision. 

6 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Holland America is moving in that direction also.  They do have extra charges to include drink and tips, and there is also Club Orange. 

They have packages but do not have classes by cabin type such as Celebrity went to years ago and Princess is going with Sun and Star.  Separate lounges and restaurants for different class cabins.

One can be in an inside or any cabin class can buy club orange, same with any of the packages.

No movement yet in HAL to a class system. 

Edited by ldtr

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Still many things to clarify.  Hopefully, we will find out next month from guests OB.

I’ll try & let CC know what it’s like on the Sky Princess from Southampton 19th August. 

our Cruise is a 2 week Norwegian fjords

I’m guessing It’ll be fraught for the poor staff, dealing with only the 2nd intake of passengers under the new scheme

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JLC0912 said:

I think they are going to go up really soon.  Can you use the OBC now with Princess, prior to the cruise?

I honestly feel like annually they'll increase it by $10 for both plus and premiere.

1 minute ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’ll try & let CC know what it’s like on the Sky Princess from Southampton 19th August. 

our Cruise is a 2 week Norwegian fjords

I’m guessing It’ll be fraught for the poor staff, dealing with only the 2nd intake of passengers under the new scheme

Enjoy! I absolutely LOVED Norway!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCX22 said:

Will guests in cabin quarantine who didn't purchase packages be charged the room service fees? 

I highly doubt that especially if it's the medical center that has deemed you to quarantine.

5 minutes ago, JLC0912 said:

Do not think that they will be going up soon.  Their goal at this point is to increase the percentage of people that buy them.  Their major price increase was a few months ago.  Increase on packages will probably be in 2024, unless the competition makes an out of cycle second increase on their packages.

Next increases should be in fares themselves.  Probably in subtle ways.

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Will guests in cabin quarantine who didn't purchase packages be charged the room service fees? 

I expect that as in the past those that go to medical and get quarantined will get the cost waived.  Just as they have been able to order on the dining room menu.

It is more a problem for those that do not feel well and want to stay in their room without going to medical.

20 minutes ago, JLC0912 said:

So, if we Plus pkg guests share a pizza meal, could the one not ordering the meal get a free dessert, since we are eligible for free special* desserts?

Doubtful. 'Special' desserts are specific items. I'd be more interested if the specialty desserts were something 'deluxe' you could order with dinner or something.

1 hour ago, Geoffa30 said:

What are the odds of this being the thread with the most pages ever on the Cruise Critic’s Princess board? On Facebook, my feed is just post after post about it too. 

Still a long way to go. I sailed on the Pacific Princess official 50th Princess Anniversary cruise. Thread reached 205 pages before CC shut it down for being too big. Part 2 reached 80 pages

As far as I know 285 pages is the record. FYI it was a fantastic cruise with the entire Love Boat cast onboard for two weeks

• Like 4