Moving OBC Between B2B Cruises?

bar1068

We've booked our first "true" B2B cruises on Mardi Gras this October. We've done "B2B" before, but on different ships, even different ships on different cruise lines. Anyway, I submitted our stockholder benefit request the other day, and was sort of surprised they, gave us the 14 day $250 amount which they allocated  between the two cruises. The second of the B2B cruises we had a bunch of OBC, not so much the first cruise. Has anyone moved OBC from one cruise to another, particularly the shareholder OBC? 

Great question.  Asking friends from a B2B group to see if they know how this works.

My guess is that you can only use the OBC assigned to that specific cruise week.  So, if they applied the $250 to the first cruise, you would have to use the whole $250 on that first cruise.

I'll let you know what I hear from the B2B group.

Edited by VentureMan_2000

3 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Has anyone moved OBC from one cruise to another, particularly the shareholder OBC? 

Another response from the B2B group:

"OBC is per cruise, use it or lose it is my understanding. A B2B has 2 different booking numbers and the OBC goes with the booking number."

4 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Another response from the B2B group:

"OBC is per cruise, use it or lose it is my understanding. A B2B has 2 different booking numbers and the OBC goes with the booking number."

Hey...thanks for your responses and suggestions. When I submitted the OBC request to the shareholder folks...I submitted 2 emails, one with each booking number. As I mentioned it surprised me they sent the approval, and basically treated our B2B as a 14 day cruise and gave the $250 OBC. They also put $100 on the first cruise and $150 on the second. Since we had some OBC on the second, we thought if we could we'd move some back over to the first cruise. But, sounds like no movement allowed...not at all an issue...just thought I'd put it put there to see what others experienced. I think we'll be just fine. Thanks Again.

Hey @bar1068 similar thing happened to me - submitted 2 separate requests for shareholder OBC on a B2B and they applied larger amount to the 2nd week.

Have done several B2B and have never been allowed to move OBC between the weeks. They do close the first out as they treat each booming number separately.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

59 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

If you have more than you want to use on the 2nd cruise, buy a gift card from cherry on top to use at a later cruise.

Very familiar with the gift card game, but we will use the OBC for sure. If there was an option to even the amounts between the 2 cruises, we'd have looked at it...but seems not...we're good.

• Like 1