2 Iona Questions - Epicurean & Turn Down

ballon

I've had a good look around for answers to the following but can't seem to find an answer, but apologies if these seem like really obvious questions about our forthcoming Iona cruise.

Drinks package: is there a separate wine list for the Epicurean other than the usual MDR wine list? If so, is there still a reasonable selection of wines included in the classic and deluxe drinks packages?

Turn Down: I understand there is no longer a turn down service, however we'll be sharing our cabin with 2 kids (1 sofa bed and a pull down bed). Does the lack of turndown mean that the beds will be made up in the morning on the sofa / pull down, meaning we pretty much won't be able to use the sofa during the day, or will the pull down bed be put back in the daytime and set up again in the evening? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 minutes ago, ballon said:

I've had a good look around for answers to the following but can't seem to find an answer, but apologies if these seem like really obvious questions about our forthcoming Iona cruise.

Drinks package: is there a separate wine list for the Epicurean other than the usual MDR wine list? If so, is there still a reasonable selection of wines included in the classic and deluxe drinks packages?

Turn Down: I understand there is no longer a turn down service, however we'll be sharing our cabin with 2 kids (1 sofa bed and a pull down bed). Does the lack of turndown mean that the beds will be made up in the morning on the sofa / pull down, meaning we pretty much won't be able to use the sofa during the day, or will the pull down bed be put back in the daytime and set up again in the evening? 

When there are 3+ in a cabin there is the usual making up of the spare bed. That has not stoped.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ballon said:

We were on Britannia 2 weeks ago and I suspect that the answers are the same. There is a proper wine list in Epicurean and I have a feeling that whilst it certainly wasn’t comprehensive, it was better than the one in the MDR. I can’t really answer your question about the drinks packages as we’ve never bought one (we wouldn’t get anywhere near our moneys worth out of it), but there was a recent thread on here when the prices changed and the deluxe package was introduced and it seemed as though that package covered pretty much everything. Be careful with the Classic package though, as there are an awful lot of exclusions and limitations. All the drinks menus clearly state which packages permit them and I have a feeling that someone posted a number of them. The search function is pretty poor on this site, but if you go back page by page I think you might find it. 

12 minutes ago, daiB said:

When there are 3+ in a cabin there is the usual making up of the spare bed. That has not stoped.

My experience is that if they come in to do beds 3/4 then they also have a little tidy but they are not required too.

They no longer bring their trolley out so don’t have towels etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We were on Britannia 2 weeks ago and I suspect that the answers are the same. There is a proper wine list in Epicurean and I have a feeling that whilst it certainly wasn’t comprehensive, it was better than the one in the MDR. I can’t really answer your question about the drinks packages as we’ve never bought one (we wouldn’t get anywhere near our moneys worth out of it), but there was a recent thread on here when the prices changed and the deluxe package was introduced and it seemed as though that package covered pretty much everything. Be careful with the Classic package though, as there are an awful lot of exclusions and limitations. All the drinks menus clearly state which packages permit them and I have a feeling that someone posted a number of them. The search function is pretty poor on this site, but if you go back page by page I think you might find it. 

I think that the info that I was referring to is buried within this thread. Might be worth reading it all through if you are considering a drinks package. There hasn’t been much feedback on the deluxe package yet as it’s quite new, but a few people have been disappointed with the previous (now Classic) package as they hadn’t read all the restrictions properly before buying it. 

Thanks for the replies.

Good to know the bed will be stowed / sofa cleared for use each day.

With the drinks it seems the new classic and deluxe packages are both an improvement on the previous offerings rather than having the price limit per drink. 

My main interest in it is due to the fact that our 2 kids get a free "Refresh" package each day if I take the classic one.

If anyone has a photo of the latest Epicurean wine menu with the symbols for drink inclusions for the alcohol free, classic and deluxe packages they could share, that would be very helpful! 

Thanks again!

28 minutes ago, ballon said:

Thanks for the replies.

Good to know the bed will be stowed / sofa cleared for use each day.

With the drinks it seems the new classic and deluxe packages are both an improvement on the previous offerings rather than having the price limit per drink. 

My main interest in it is due to the fact that our 2 kids get a free "Refresh" package each day if I take the classic one.

If anyone has a photo of the latest Epicurean wine menu with the symbols for drink inclusions for the alcohol free, classic and deluxe packages they could share, that would be very helpful! 

Thanks again!

The fact that kids get the soft drinks package free certainly makes the drinks packages far more cost effective for families than couples. Just be aware that all adults in a cabin have to have the same package. I guess that for any single parent travelling with two kids a drinks package would be an absolute no brainer!