EZ Air and airline reward points

rjack22

I want to book EZ Air flights using Delta.   I want to book first class or rather end up with first class.  Is there anyway to use my Skymiles to upgrade to 1st class?   Say I booked economy with EZ Air and wanted to use my miles to upgrade to 1st class?   Can you do this?   Or do I need to forget EZ Air and book directly with Delta to do this?

I have often wondered this myself but never tried.

Suggestion: If you're able, go ahead and make an EZ Air booking that you can cancel. Once that's done, call the airline and just ask if that booking is upgradeable with miles. I suspect if it is possible that you won't be able to upgrade until it's ticketed. My worry in that case is that airlines capacity constrain (i.e. limit) the number of seats they'll upgrade and even though your booking is eligible, you may not get it.

5 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

I want to book EZ Air flights using Delta.   I want to book first class or rather end up with first class.  Is there anyway to use my Skymiles to upgrade to 1st class?   Say I booked economy with EZ Air and wanted to use my miles to upgrade to 1st class?   Can you do this?   Or do I need to forget EZ Air and book directly with Delta to do this?

I’ve only done the UG with money.  After you book EZAir go onto DL and pick seats.  See what it would cost to UG your seats to Comfort/First etc.

I believe I had to wait until ticketed though,  so I usually request early ticketing, about 60 days out.

Not likely we can use miles, these are deeply discounted consolidator fares.

You can try once booked. You can always cancel if it does not work and then book direct with the airline. I tried this with another carrier and they would not accept any points or paid upgrade until the original booking was paid by EZ Air. EZ Air pays the carrier inside the 45 day time frame. By that time all the upgrades were gone.

You do not HAVE to wait for the 45 day cut-off to have your air ticketed.  You can ask for it to be ticketed immediately, and then go online with the airline to attempt the upgrade.  I had my EZ Air tickets confirmed when I made my final payment.

I  do have to say UA gave me the full mileage amount for using EZAir, but AA gave me fewer miles.  That may be because AA is now looking at ticket cost, not just miles traveled.  

Last week I tried to upgrade my September AA flights that have been ticketed using miles and was told a hard “no…that is not possible anymore”.  I elevated my request up the chain to supervisor and one more level up.  They were very nice and tried working my miles several different ways, but said by purchasing the base fare there was no work around now.  This is definitely a change as we have done this several times in the past!

• Thanks 1