How much luggage can you store in your room?

Deep68

We are going to be relocating back to Europe from USA.

Thinking of doing so via cruise, which would mean us taking a lot of luggage on board.

Cunard have confirmed we can take as much luggage onboard as we lik,  as long as it can fit in our room.

Trying to figure out how much we could realistically store in an outside or balcony room. Or do we need to purchase the least expensive room available for luggage storage.

What is the most amount of luggage you brought onboard.

Any thoughts?

I'm guessing this is going to be QM2, though theoretically there are other options. 

On QM2 some Oceanviews on deck 6 are quite a bit bigger than other Oceanviews and Cunard just spreads the same furniture slightly further apart. So if you got say 6047 and asked for the easy chair to be removed you would have quite a big space at the end of the sofa to pile up suitcases etc, without blocking anything.

The balcony cabins are smaller than this set of rooms, plus even on sheltered balconies I can't see them allowing you to tarpaulin a wadge of suitcase in case a storm takes them away. There is plenty of space for that hypothetically.   It may be easier to get the cheapest indoor cabin as a second booking, purely as a store room and not use it for anything.

On QV and QE there are some larger balcony cabins on the edge of the lifeboat series on deck 4, and they have a space between the fridge and the balcony door which has an extra chair in it and some spare wall space. On the other side there is a table. If that table and chair were removed there would be space for a stack of suitcases.In this photo the chair is hidden, it's the other side of the fridge+kettle, but there is unused space there.

image.thumb.jpeg.f71042601e1ea0d06631902ccd2971e8.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

I'm guessing this is going to be QM2, though theoretically there are other options. 

On QM2 some Oceanviews on deck 6 are quite a bit bigger than other Oceanviews and Cunard just spreads the same furniture slightly further apart. So if you got say 6047 and asked for the easy chair to be removed you would have quite a big space at the end of the sofa to pile up suitcases etc, without blocking anything.

The balcony cabins are smaller than this set of rooms, plus even on sheltered balconies I can't see them allowing you to tarpaulin a wadge of suitcase in case a storm takes them away. There is plenty of space for that hypothetically.   It may be easier to get the cheapest indoor cabin as a second booking, purely as a store room and not use it for anything.

On QV and QE there are some larger balcony cabins on the edge of the lifeboat series on deck 4, and they have a space between the fridge and the balcony door which has an extra chair in it and some spare wall space. On the other side there is a table. If that table and chair were removed there would be space for a stack of suitcases.In this photo the chair is hidden, it's the other side of the fridge+kettle, but there is unused space there.

image.thumb.jpeg.f71042601e1ea0d06631902ccd2971e8.jpeg

Thank you for this useful information

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

I would think about 6 large suitcases. 2-3 under the bed. 2 in the wardrobe and one just out in the cabin. If they were empty you could increase capacity by storing smaller ones inside . 

Thank you

14 hours ago, Deep68 said:

Thinking of doing so via cruise, which would mean us taking a lot of luggage on board.

Cunard have confirmed we can take as much luggage onboard as we lik,  as long as it can fit in our room.

Trying to figure out how much we could realistically store in an outside or balcony room. Or do we need to purchase the least expensive room available for luggage storage.

Any thoughts?

One’s room steward can remove empty suitcases from stateroom and store.  Returning the last afternoon prior to disembarking.  Gratuities are welcomed.

We regularly have our steward assist us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Deep68 said:

Any thoughts?

Try to assist…

We take 6 x 82 cms (X-LARGE), plus 2 large, and 2 roller cabins, so understand one’s thoughts.

No worries.

4 X-LARGE can fit under the bed (on QM one’ will have to move the two large pull drawer storage units found under the foot of bed slightly out)

Store packed suitcases under bed, then everything else with one’s steward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Try to assist…

We take 6 x 82 cms (X-LARGE), plus 2 large, and 2 roller cabins, so understand one’s thoughts.

No worries.

4 X-LARGE can fit under the bed (on QM one’ will have to move the two large pull drawer storage units found under the foot of bed slightly out)

Store packed suitcases under bed, then everything else with one’s steward.

Thank you for the insight

On 8/1/2023 at 11:24 PM, Winifred 22 said:

I would think about 6 large suitcases. 2-3 under the bed. 2 in the wardrobe and one just out in the cabin. If they were empty you could increase capacity by storing smaller ones inside . 

My last crossing, I met a woman was moving house using the ship for most of her stuff, and she said she came on board with 21 cases and boxes, and that the ship was storing a fair few of them for her.  I got the impression the ‘must go in your room’ is advertised as a disincentive to people thinking of bringing lots of stuff, but in practice if you do you will probably get some help from the ship to make it work.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 4:27 PM, IB2 said:

My last crossing, I met a woman was moving house using the ship for most of her stuff, and she said she came on board with 21 cases and boxes, and that the ship was storing a fair few of them for her.  I got the impression the ‘must go in your room’ is advertised as a disincentive to people thinking of bringing lots of stuff, but in practice if you do you will probably get some help from the ship to make it work.

Have heard this is possible with planning. Also, if you just like to live your best Rose from Titanic fantasy you can always book another room and have it converted to hanging space. There was an occasion where a lady on a world voyage booked adjoining suites and used the second one purely for storage of clothes, shoes, etc. I’ve also seen a couple stack 16 matching cases outside night before disembarking. They were in a suite. 

• Like 1