Cruising southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico ?

Gari

Also chiming in here... San Juan is a great port for a cruise.  I too wish Carnival would resume sailing from San Juan.  The itineraries are very port intensive and you get to see some new and different ports.  Many of the cruises now just seem to be recycling the same ports. 

• Like 3

There were two routes for the Southern Caribbean cruise.
maybe even three schedules(of yore)

What I remember was Wednesdays in Barbados for many years,

and then it got changed(just before Covid killed everything)
to Fridays in Barbados.

I loved having the P.Rican girls on board! ...Flirts!!

South Carib itin.png

South Carib itin-NEW.png

Flirts-628.jpg

Flirts-630.jpg

• Like 1

i did it twice- on Carnival's Valor  managed to get free air (had alot of miles) and i loved it- bought my parents a very special 60th wedding anniversary gift at Little Switzerland (grand opening) in Barbados- had it shipped home for free- I have the gift (LLADRO figurine) as my parents have passed and it brings back fond memories of the cruise and also very fond memories of my parents- would love to do that cruise again!!!

• Like 1

If you want to go during the spring or summer, the Rhapsody OTS has a few different itineraries with either 4 or 5 cruise stops, including visiting the ABC's.  During the fall/winter the Jewel OTS visits 5 ports with a sea day and the brand new NCL Viva will spend the winter there doing 6 port stop cruises with zero sea days.

We sailed twice from San Juan on the Victory and the Liberty. We just booked on another cruise line from San Juan for February on a different line. I'm excited to cruise on a ship with no kids and see how it goes. The itinerary has numerous ports that we haven't been to yet. I think Carnival is missing a chance to provide the opportunity to its passengers the option for diverse ports. Sailing to Nassau, Grand Turk and Amber Cove isn't exactly "Caribbean". We will see how it goes. 

• Like 1

There's a cruise out of Baltimore that hits St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Aruba and Curacao.  I don't know if it's a one-time thing or repeated itinerary but we're on it November '23 and super-excited, as St. Maarten is my fave Caribbean island.

Was just recapping all our cruises today.  November 2013 was Conquest out of San Juan but ended in Miami.  Dominica and Antigua were there.  Then the BEST, like others said, on the Fascination February 2018.  Only 1 sea day and we did Barbados because people who did Wednesday to Wednesday started or ended there.  St Lucia which was amazing.  I agree so done with Amber Cove Grand Turk.  After our Venezia cruise we are moving to other lines to visit better ports.

Carnival was not making what they wanted to off that cruise, whether it was lower cruise fares or lower onboard spending.  So they moved the ship elsewhere.  I guarantee if they were making as much money as they wanted, they would've kept a ship there.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Was just recapping all our cruises today.  November 2013 was Conquest out of San Juan but ended in Miami.  Dominica and Antigua were there.  Then the BEST, like others said, on the Fascination February 2018.  Only 1 sea day and we did Barbados because people who did Wednesday to Wednesday started or ended there.  St Lucia which was amazing.  I agree so done with Amber Cove Grand Turk.  After our Venezia cruise we are moving to other lines to visit better ports.

Three more cruises and you reach your milestone cruise with the 25% OBC.

• Like 1