How Fast Cn Club Orange Board the Ship

mcrcruiser

10 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

To be clear, I believe it was the port staff causing the problem, and not the HAL staff.  But even if that's the case, HAL should clearly communicate their boarding priorities to the port staff before embarkation.

Most embarkation issues are due to problems with port staff. If the staff serve a variety of cruise lines, they may not know each one's rules, although I would think passengers needing assistance would go first on every line. 

Yes, the cruise line should inform terminal staff about rules and procedures, but it doesn't always happen. Many years ago, embarking in Boston, as we approached the two lines for priority and non-priority, a staffer asked us how many Marriott points we had. I guess she meant Mariner points/stars, but it didn't matter, as we weren't priority with Marriott or HAL at that time. 

@mcrcruiser, if you want to have assistance boarding, definitely call HAL in advance.

• Haha 1

San Diego can be a bit of a mix-up.  There is usually a pedestrian queue outside the port gate, and security there is checking documents and check-in times and holding people up.  Last time we were in a taxi and we went straight in to the drop-off area.  After handing over our suitcases we went directly into the departure "warehouse" and up to the priority lane.   Check-in was quick, but then we had to go across the pier to our ship, which was docked on the other side.  There was another queue there.

I'm not sure what kind of assistance they were giving to passengers in wheelchairs.