What kind of cabin did you end up with after booking a guarantee?

jonthomas

Yes, I know if we had a Connoisseur Club agent things would be different...but I just cant seem to be able to give up the generous rebates we get. Yes I know, without a ConClub agent, we are basically on our own to do everything. 

sorry derailing my own topic....

24 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I know Gary has been working with a TA, hence that great move up to the Oceania Suite (we absolutely loved our cruise in one years ago as we had a number of friends cruising with us so we became party central and we ALL enjoyed ourselves). 

@mauibabes Well thank you.  I have both booked directly with a brand and with a really good Travel Agent.  I much prefer a GREAT Travel Agent.  That is my opinion and not shared by all.  I have to clarify something.  Even though I was dealing with a GREAT travel agent, she was not able to really help me with my paid upgrade.  Long story but when she asked Oceania, they gave her a upgrade amount that was verbally verified twice then took it back.  My agent went to serval supervisors with no resolution. 

I wrote a very well organized, professional and non-threating letter explaining my situation.  All I asked as a resolution was, when and if these upper suites were still available, to consider me as a prospect for an "Paid Guest" upgrade. I figured it would happen on the last week before the cruise.  To my surprise, it happened two days after they got the letter. It actually was a "Vista Suite" and yes, just like you, we plan on it being Party Central.  

My point is even well connected travel agents sometimes can't get things done that a guest with good communication skills can.  My agent called me when Oceania informed her of what had happened.  She was thrilled for me and got some extra commission which was good for her.  As long as we are kind, professional and focuses, almost anything is possible within reason.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

Oceania’s website is showing O Life for September cruises.  I assume this is because SM does not start until October 1.  

Those  that booked before July 1st  still can use the O Life Perks  but if you try to book now  you will pay for SM

I bet exen after Oct 1st you will still see the O Life excursion prices until all those in that program  have cruise  or they will pick a date  & make everyone have SM 

JMO

• Like 1

@Sthrngary

MAJOR DITTO, plus 1 and all that. Miracle Worker TA’s are out there and the skills and approach you mentioned go a long way towards success. The “Party Line” prevails UNLESS you know the RIGHT Party!😇 
We will look forward to reading about your cruise adventures with your friends in the Fall. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

As of  July 1st  all new bookings are SM

I understood SM is for all sailings departing 01 Oct., and later.

If booking after July 1, and cruise departs before October 1, then SM is not available, only Olife choice with or without air, or true cruise only. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

I understood SM is for all sailings departing 01 Oct., and later.

If booking after July 1, and cruise departs before October 1, then SM is not available, only Olife choice with or without air, or true cruise only. 

Probably right

Wonder if anyone was able to book something for July Aug  or Sept ??

On 8/5/2023 at 8:24 AM, ToxM said:

We did a guarantee for our first O cruise - cabin grade was Oceanview - we got that, but it was a connecting room so noisy. 

The dregs are what ends up in the guarantees. 

We booked about four months out of a cruise on Sirena. We legit thought we got the good price due to the guarantee (1k each). It wasn't until later that we realized the price had nothing to do with it.

At any rate, we were upgraded to an ocean view and had a fabulous time.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Did you book an inside guarantee?

then indeed you did well.

Yes, we did a G guarantee, ended up with a C.  No complaints. We are always pleased with guarantees, go figure. Wishing the very same for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brad1185 said:

For those with a guarantee when did you find out what cabin  umber you ended up getting?

each sailing is different 

It will depend  on what cabin category you booked & if they can get others to move up /over  or off  the cruise