Suite Lounge on Voyager of the Seas

stjlo

This will be our first time in a grand suite on Voyager of the Seas. Can someone tell me what the suite lounge is like and when the drinks are available? My husband and I don't really drink a lot but wouldn't mind a glass of wine now and then.  Also, do they offer soft drinks? I'm trying to figure out what beverage package to get. Any other information about the suite lounge would help so much ( size of lounge, types of snacks, hours, etc.). 

Thank you!

Suite Lounge is a separate room within the Viking Crown = nice views

Happy hour with free select list of drinks is normally 5pm to 8pm each night.

Yes, they offer soft drinks during the happy hour.

Continental breakfast in the AM, hors d'oeuvres during happy hour.

There is a self-serve coffee machine available throughout the day with various "specialty" coffees.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Suite Lounge is a separate room within the Viking Crown = nice views

Happy hour with free select list of drinks is normally 5pm to 8pm each night.

Yes, they offer soft drinks during the happy hour.

Continental breakfast in the AM, hors d'oeuvres during happy hour.

There is a self-serve coffee machine available throughout the day with various "specialty" coffees.

Thank you so much for this info. Sounds lovely. One more question... can you take the drinks with you or do you need to consume them there? 

3 minutes ago, stjlo said:

Thank you so much for this info. Sounds lovely. One more question... can you take the drinks with you or do you need to consume them there? 

I think the rule is consume in the lounge, but it is rarely, if ever, enforced.  One drink (and a water bottle) to go won't be a problem.  A handful may raise some eyebrows.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

There hasn't been an RCI ship we've been on in the last few years that enforced this rule. 

We also have no problem getting water and or a can of coke to take with us as we leave.

• Like 2

I was in a grand suite on Voyager of the Seas a few months ago. 

The suite lounge is on deck 14 next to the Viking Crown lounge, but has it's own locked entrance door which can be opened with your SeaPass card. The lounge has couches and chairs with seating for about 30 people, plus an outside deck with additional seating. 

The bar is not in the lounge, during happy hour there are waiters who will take your drink order then go get the drinks, so it takes a little longer to get them than a lounge that has a bar. Wine, beer, mixed drinks, soft drinks, and water can be ordered. They also set up an assortment of hors d'oeuvres and desserts during happy hour. Various hot and cold finger foods. 

The waiters don't care if you drink in the lounge or take it with you. We regularly ordered one drink for the lounge and another to take to dinner, and after dinner we'd order a drink for the lounge and another to take to the evening show. 

Happy hour depends on dinner hours but is usually something like 5:00-8:00 or 5:30-8:30. This is the only time drinks and snacks are available in the suite lounge, other than coffee which is always available. 

Take this into account when you decide on a drink package, also consider the number of sea days. If you have a lot of port days it probably won't pay to get a package. 

• Like 1

One other note about Voyager suites - as on many ships, if you are in a suite you can eat breakfast in Chops. On Voyager it is very convenient, if you get to the Windjammer and there is a long line to get in, Chops is right next to the Windjammer you can just pop in and eat there. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I was in a grand suite on Voyager of the Seas a few months ago. 

The suite lounge is on deck 14 next to the Viking Crown lounge, but has it's own locked entrance door which can be opened with your SeaPass card. The lounge has couches and chairs with seating for about 30 people, plus an outside deck with additional seating. 

The bar is not in the lounge, during happy hour there are waiters who will take your drink order then go get the drinks, so it takes a little longer to get them than a lounge that has a bar. Wine, beer, mixed drinks, soft drinks, and water can be ordered. They also set up an assortment of hors d'oeuvres and desserts during happy hour. Various hot and cold finger foods. 

The waiters don't care if you drink in the lounge or take it with you. We regularly ordered one drink for the lounge and another to take to dinner, and after dinner we'd order a drink for the lounge and another to take to the evening show. 

Happy hour depends on dinner hours but is usually something like 5:00-8:00 or 5:30-8:30. This is the only time drinks and snacks are available in the suite lounge, other than coffee which is always available. 

Take this into account when you decide on a drink package, also consider the number of sea days. If you have a lot of port days it probably won't pay to get a package. 

On this class of ship we've had some great SL service. When the SL is crowded we often sit in the VCL (near the door to the lounge) and our waiter serves us out there.

• Like 1

Chops on Voyager has a great team working there.  Everyone, the managers, waiters, cooking staff really make it a pleasure to be there.  I spent a couple weeks aboard recently and made a point of going there for breakfast daily.  The food and service was excellent.  Great pancakes, but order two of them.  The standard order was one thickish pancake, probably plenty but not for me.

The Suite Lounge was vacant every morning save for me and maybe a couple others.  They have the new coffee machine so it actually works reliably.  I didn’t go in the evenings since I wasn’t in a suite so I didn’t get free drinks (pinnacle access).  

• Like 1