To anyone on board now in a single cabin- How Are The Solo Cabins??

MsCrystalina

6 hours ago, jollyjones said:

The closet doors and storage space in the solo cabins 'are problematic' - that's an understatement, I'd find it extremely annoying.

'for those travelling solo the pricing is higher' - yep, got that.

I'm not stupid, I'm not paying more for less.

Nobody told you to pay more for less. In fact, I might go out on a limb here and say nobody even cares. Please find yourself a cruise line, or two, or three, that you like, at a price point that makes you happy.

Bon voyage.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

i'm really surprised and disappointed that Crystal doesn't offer any on board credits to passengers.  i don't know of a cruise line that doesn't offer some type of on board credit or bonus for passengers.  it will be interesting to see if this policy gets changed.  and i know it will only change if people complain about it to management.

Other than buying booze to take home, or an occasional outfit, I don’t need Crystal to give me OBC. Plenty of TAs give their guests OBC. Enjoy it when you get it.

Of course there are upgrades wines and the Vintage Room and excursions and the salon and spa. I tend not to use those things.

Actually, I have OBC on my first two cruises back with Crystal, b/c I made two deposits in December. It will be fun to try to use it wisely.

Think about from this prospective:  The first cruise in a couple of years has just been completed with new owners and completely refurbished ships and some restaurant changes.  From what I've read taken all these things into account it has been amazing and probably will get better.   I think most people thought there would be more problems or other missing items.  Great start.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MsCrystalina said:

I loved the old Crystal but it was not perfect.   Not being able to get a veranda room for 20 to 30 percent more is my biggest problem with new C.  Then seeing the lack of storage in the solo rooms which are also marketed to couples topped the cake.  I can get a veranda and a much larger stateroom, more choices for dining, all excursions on a ship of 500-700  for less than the current CC charge.    Guess the bottom line is the new C is too expensive for me .

i have booked a trip on Crystal. I am not a light packer.  I want to know how those people in the renovated 7th floor cabins are dealing with the lack of storage space.    Suspect with a bit of time as now all so happy with the return to cruising , will get some objective comments.

We generally book b to b and occasionally 3 segments.  We pack for one week and repeat. If someone sees me in the same outfit twice, so what?

• Like 4

Ouch... Things are getting hot here.

I do not think you can even compare prices for 2020/2021 to Crystal now.  When you are in financial trouble as Crystal was coming out of Covid and pre COVID, you lower your prices to fill the ships and cover costs.   That is what Crystal did and while it did introduce a lot people to Crystal it was ultimately the death of OC (along with other circumstances).  At that time you could could get a Sea Breeze PH for the same price as Oceania was charging for a PH on Marina -- we did same on Symphony and followed Marina on the Amazon.  Good deal no.  Great deal yes!  Was Crystal making money -- no way.

As Mr. Keith stated -- want big cabins - Go to Regent, Seabourn, or SS.

What I will state -- want an older ship with some old time amenities  (and clients) - like a real promenade, personal service, and not totally regimented (like Regent and SS) with inclusions you do not want and gimmicks like "free business air" or "port to port service" -- then NC are your ships.

One point from a non NC fan (I cannot be a fan yet, as I have not sailed them and nor have most of you).  The ships are old and there are many better ships on other cruise lines like Regent, SS and Explora, but I do hope NC survives and gets its new ships because Manfredi can design them and watch out when he does.

• Like 5