House Beverage Package question

gdlamberth

Since you can have wine with lunch and dinner, has anyone had any experience with wine based cocktails?  In addition to "Coolers" and "Spritzers" I'm thinking about a white wine margarita or similar.  Experiences and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

2 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

Since you can have wine with lunch and dinner, has anyone had any experience with wine based cocktails?  In addition to "Coolers" and "Spritzers" I'm thinking about a white wine margarita or similar.  Experiences and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

The available wines in both the basic and prestige packages are from a set list of items. There are no spritzers or wine coolers nor can you request anything other than what’s on that list of mostly mediocre wines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

Thanks,

Greg

I've never seen anyone order a wine with mixers (unless you count mimosas), but I don't see why you couldn't order the wine along with available mixers and pour them together. I think the only margaritas (with tequila) are at the Waves Bar.

11 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I've never seen anyone order a wine with mixers (unless you count mimosas), but I don't see why you couldn't order the wine along with available mixers and pour them together. I think the only margaritas (with tequila) are at the Waves Bar.

I'm pretty sure you could get a Margarita at Horizons, Martinis, or the Grand Bar, as well as the new bar on Vista. Now, getting a frozen margarita might be a little different. 

But I think the OP is asking about gaming the system and getting a spirit mixed in with the wine under the package. Ain't gonna happen, unless you have the Prestige package. My wife enjoys the Sangritas at some of the local Mexican restaurants. I think something like that would be enjoyable on a cruise. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm pretty sure you could get a Margarita at Horizons, Martinis, or the Grand Bar, as well as the new bar on Vista. Now, getting a frozen margarita might be a little different. 

But I think the OP is asking about gaming the system and getting a spirit mixed in with the wine under the package. Ain't gonna happen, unless you have the Prestige package. My wife enjoys the Sangritas at some of the local Mexican restaurants. I think something like that would be enjoyable on a cruise. 

I guess I assumed they wanted the frozen type...not always a great move.

I had to look it up, but a wine margarita subs wine for the tequila, so I think they were just looking to see if they could get some of their favorite vacationy drinks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I had to look it up, but a wine margarita subs wine for the tequila, so I think they were just looking to see if they could get some of their favorite vacationy drinks.

I'm not familiar with those, I see where that can be what he's talking about. 

I see that equal mix of a red wine and Coke is a thing in Spain!! The Kalimoxto!! So I guess you could pull that off with your drink package.  And don’t forget the lemon wheel for garnish! Proceed at your own risk!!

Edited by EJL2023

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

A wine margarita is certainly not a margarita.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

For those of us who spent our formative years hanging out in bars, tequila and rum can be replaced with white wines in several cocktails for people that want to lower alcohol content in their drink or don't like to Sharp Taste of the distilled spirit. When I was in college ( in the last century) these drinks were favored by underaged Co-Eds.  They've been sold in bottles and grocery stores for years to circumvent laws in some states that allows grocery stores to only sell wine and fermented beverages as opposed to distilled spirits. A Sangria is another example where the distilled spirit component can be omitted. Yes substituting distilled Spirits with a wine in a mixed drink was exactly what I was asking about.

Edited by gdlamberth

13 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

For those of us who spent our formative years hanging out in bars, tequila and rum can be replaced with white wines in several cocktails for people that want to lower alcohol content in their drink or don't like to Sharp Taste of the distilled spirit. When I was in college ( in the last century) these drinks were favored by underaged Co-Eds.  They've been sold in bottles and grocery stores for years to circumvent laws in some states that allows grocery stores to only sell wine and fermented beverages as opposed to distilled spirits. A Sangria is another example where the distilled spirit component can be omitted. Yes substituting distilled Spirits with a wine in a mixed drink was exactly what I was asking about.

Still not a Margarita.