Tender ports for Majestic.

Wink87

We are on the Sept 16 Alaskan cruise on Majestic. I am mobility impaired and am trying to find out if any of our ports on this particular itinerary are tendered. Can someone point me in the right direction to get info or already have the info?  Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Icy Straight Point.

Ty!!!

You will dock in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. The only port I haven’t been to is Icy Straight but I looked at your itinerary and it doesn’t say that this is a water shuttle port so you should dock here as well. When you look at the itinerary on the Princess website it will indicate if any of the port stops require a water shuttle (tender).

Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

We are on the Sept 16 Alaskan cruise on Majestic. I am mobility impaired and am trying to find out if any of our ports on this particular itinerary are tendered. Can someone point me in the right direction to get info or already have the info?  Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Icy Straight Point.

Ty!!!

It should say on your itinerary.

At Skagway the Majestic usually docks at railway dock near the slide. The ship docks but you have to tender to/from the ship.

At Icy point we dock in the morning, but then had to leave the dock at noon and tendered in the afternoon.

13 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

You will dock in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. The only port I haven’t been to is Icy Straight but I looked at your itinerary and it doesn’t say that this is a water shuttle port so you should dock here as well. When you look at the itinerary on the Princess website it will indicate if any of the port stops require a water shuttle (tender).

Enjoy your cruise!

Ty!

5 hours ago, Wink87 said:

Ty!!!

I'm on that cruise.  Skagway is a tender due to the rock slides closing one pier. It's on your personalized somewhere.. maybe travel summary?

5 hours ago, suekel said:

I'm on that cruise.  Skagway is a tender due to the rock slides closing one pier. It's on your personalized somewhere.. maybe travel summary?

I thought I had run across it but don't remember where. I'll go back through. Ty!

• 4 weeks later...

We just came off this cruise on Aug. 26th.  There was a rockslide in Skagway right where the Princess ship docks, so you probably will tender.  It is like 5 minutes on the water.   I did not see anyone with wheelchairs on the tender.  

On 8/5/2023 at 10:28 PM, Wink87 said:

Ty!!!

How mobility impaired are you? It makes a difference in a tender port. Also, do you have someone traveling with you who can help you? (I'm not asking for you to answer these questions online. I'm just asking the questions that you need to know the answer to in order to look at your options.)

If you use a cane or collapsible walker, no problem. The crew will help you on and off the tender. They will take the collapsible walker on the tender.

If you use a collapsible wheelchair, Princess will take it on the tender. They will also help you on and off the tender. You would need to be able to walk a short distance without the wheelchair.

If you are wheelchair confined, then you probably can't take the tender.

if you have a motorized wheelchair or scooter, they probably won't be able to put it on the tender.

My wife uses a cane and has no problems on a tender.

15 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

How mobility impaired are you? It makes a difference in a tender port. Also, do you have someone traveling with you who can help you? (I'm not asking for you to answer these questions online. I'm just asking the questions that you need to know the answer to in order to look at your options.)

If you use a cane or collapsible walker, no problem. The crew will help you on and off the tender. They will take the collapsible walker on the tender.

If you use a collapsible wheelchair, Princess will take it on the tender. They will also help you on and off the tender. You would need to be able to walk a short distance without the wheelchair.

If you are wheelchair confined, then you probably can't take the tender.

if you have a motorized wheelchair or scooter, they probably won't be able to put it on the tender.

My wife uses a cane and has no problems on a tender.

Ty for this. I use a walker and can walk on my own and go up and down stairs. It is more a balance issue. Yes, my DH will be at my side!

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

Ty for this. I use a walker and can walk on my own and go up and down stairs. It is more a balance issue. Yes, my DH will be at my side!

Is your walker one of the small collapsible ones? Can you DH easily carry the walker up and down steps when needed? If so, you shouldn't have a problem on Princess tenders.

8 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

Is your walker one of the small collapsible ones? Can you DH easily carry the walker up and down steps when needed? If so, you shouldn't have a problem on Princess tenders.

Yes and yes! Ty for your responses. Much appreciated.