Tahiti beach BBQ

flygod

Hi all,

On Wind Spirit 31st August to 18th September.

Just started planning our trip - only three weeks before we head from Scotland to Tahiti via Australia and New Zealand!

What I can't find are where and when the beach BBQs are held (presuming two since this is a Collector trip?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing a few CCers on board!

Check your itinerary… the Bora Bora experience is held on the second day in Bora Bora.  This is a dinner Beach bbq and has Polynesian entertainment (hula and fire dancing, and drumming).

the private Motu Mahea (Tahaa) day has a lunch bbq on the beach.

and yes, with the collector ( we just came back from the July 10 -27 collector) you will get to experience this twice!  They also do a deck bbq once per cruise.

Candles is not available for dinner reservations when they have the evening bbqs.  You get one reservation for each leg of the cruise.  We liked having Candles dinner the first night in Bora Bora or in Raiatea, since it is much calmer when the ship is at anchor or at the dock vs underway.  Don’t miss your chance to eat at Candles; the food is excellent.

please say Hi to Charley and John from Beth and Kevin… they and the rest of the crew really made the cruise special.

• Like 1

Hi,

Will say hi to Charley and John from you!

So on the Moto Mahea day, it is still possible to do one's own thing on Tahaa?

And thanks for the Candles tips - eating outdoors (in the warmth!) is a big thing for me! But we are jumping ship for the first night in Bora Bora to stay in an overwater bungalow at the IC Thalasso Spa - I have a free night from a UK credit card for any IHG hotel, so I figured one that costs £1500 a night is a good use of it!!

Best wishes, Colin

Edited by flygod
  • Like 1

Yes, they have tours available however there is no way to get there except on the tenders.  I can’t recall that there was much to do on your own as there is a very small population there.

have a wonderful trip!

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know how late tenders run on the two nights in Bora Bora? Is it possible to have dinner on the main island on the first night? Is the motu bbq always on the second night? Was told two different things by Windstar. Was actually told it couldn't possibly be on the second night because the ship leaves at 9 p.m. and they would have to rush guests off the motu to make that... Also, has anybody ever been to Four Seasons on a day pass?

• Like 1

On Wind Spirit now and today is our first day visiting Bora Bora.  The tender sign I saw this morning said last tender tonight is 8:30pm.  Tomorrow, our second day in Bora Bora is the scheduled “The Destination Discovery Event” that is the BBQ on the motu.  

15 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

On Wind Spirit now and today is our first day visiting Bora Bora.  The tender sign I saw this morning said last tender tonight is 8:30pm.  Tomorrow, our second day in Bora Bora is the scheduled “The Destination Discovery Event” that is the BBQ on the motu.  

Bless you for this info!!!! Do they happen to mention what time the last tender is on tomorrow?

The last tender to the Vaitape Pier is 4:30 pm.  There are also three catamaran trips over to the private motu for the Destination Discovery Event (dinner and show) running at 4:45, 5:00 and 5:15 pm and those trips are assigned by cabin numbers.  These are the only three times available for the transfer to the motu.  The show stars fire dancing experts.  The timing of this dinner event allows for morning or early afternoon shore excursions.  There are also zodiac trips to & from the motu between 10:00am and 2:00pm.  Wind Spirit sails from Bora Bora at 9:00pm.  

IMG_6792.jpeg

49 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

The last tender to the Vaitape Pier is 4:30 pm.  There are also three catamaran trips over to the private motu for the Destination Discovery Event (dinner and show) running at 4:45, 5:00 and 5:15 pm and those trips are assigned by cabin numbers.  These are the only three times available for the transfer to the motu.  The show stars fire dancing experts.  The timing of this dinner event allows for morning or early afternoon shore excursions.  There are also zodiac trips to & from the motu between 10:00am and 2:00pm.  Wind Spirit sails from Bora Bora at 9:00pm.  

IMG_6792.jpeg

You are the very best!!! Thanks so much for doing this. This is so helpful!

• 1 month later...

My wife and have been lucky to travel to Tahiti 3 times and twice with WS (once with PG) - Usually we book a night for a tasting menu at Villa Mahana in Bora Bora or a similar eatery skipping the cruise dinner  

However in Oct 2021 aboard the Breeze we simply forgot about the BBQ motu in Bora and had pre booked Mahana on the 2nd night weeks in advance! That is until we boarded, got reminded about the Bora motu BBQ and my wife insisted we cancel Mahana 

Why?

Well in our opinion that Bora evening BBQ is one of those can't miss Tahitian Cruise events, not only is the 4 Seasons island location stunning, the buffet dinner fresh and scrumptious, but we still get a major kick from the touristy evening fire show, even though we've seen it 3-4 times, lol

It's flat out special

So is the full day beach day at WS private island, on our first WS cruise we mistakenly booked a morning half day excursion, which sort of sucked because then you get way less time on the motu

Thus we correct the mistake on the Breeze, once on board, we re-arranged our excursion, so we could get off as early as possible and spend the entire day on the motu, socialize, swim, supt, float, drink, feels if the world has literally stopped for us, in paradise, forever smiling in casual bliss, and then be amongst the very last zodiac to leave to we can savour every moment off the ship

Also don't forget to take advantage of the sports deck! - There's something very very very sexy about jumping in the middle of an ocean from your cruise ship - Every would be cruiser should have that life experience, be it with WS or one of the smaller yacht cruise ships

We hope to sail with WS Pride next this Dec in Panama and then back to Tahiti for 4th time in Oct 2024, here we come poisson cru and Tahitian vanilla creme brulle    

jc

Toronto