Voyages versus B2Bs and Segments

SargassoPirate

I'm a standard cruiser.  I understand that there is now a "one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow delivery... Ocean Now delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom."

If I book a cruise around the horn as one voyage, with one booking number, will Princess charge me the $14.99 for the 49 night voyage or since the cruise is also sold in three segments, will they charge me for each segment?

I wonder if the whiz kids even considered such a concept?

My understanding is that it's a one-time charge per voyage as you booked it. I think I recall one of the Princess webinars contained that statement.

Of course we have zero actual examples of how this will really play out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm a standard cruiser.  I understand that there is now a "one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow delivery... Ocean Now delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom."

If I book a cruise around the horn as one voyage, with one booking number, will Princess charge me the $14.99 for the 49 night voyage or since the cruise is also sold in three segments, will they charge me for each segment?

I wonder if the whiz kids even considered such a concept?

That’s a great question.  My take is, if you book it as 1 voyage, then 1 initiated fee of $14.99.

If you book separately (b2b’s) then you will be charged separately, or per voyage.

It does say per voyage on the  FAQ.

image.thumb.jpeg.eac2498c08a9d82e3ebfe5c37833c106.jpeg

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I generally trust, but verify, and "voyage" could become a weasel word if they decide they are losing revenue by a one-time charge on 49 night voyage with one booking number when they could count each segment as a voyage.

When I book my wifi discount on the app, it's sold to me as one voyage under one booking number.

On the other hand, they give me another mini bar setup at the start of each segment.

The only consistency is inconsistency.

I did a little more digging and found this in the FAQs about upgrading from standard to Premier.  

"If I sail on back-to-back cruises, do I get four specialty dining meals in Princess Premier?
If you have booked Princess Premier on both of the back-to-back cruises then you will get two (2) specialty dining meals on each voyage, making it a total of 4 specialty dining meals"

Sounds to me like the Plus and Premier benefits are tied to a "voyage" with a single booking number, so if one were to book the World Cruise as a voyage, you would only get two specialty dinings over the 111 day voyage. 

You gotta put the pencil to everything and read all of the fine print.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Princess' terms each segment of a cruise has a voyage number. On the old cruise cards you could see this number. Your voyage, 49 days around S.A. is 3 voyages. Based on what is highlighted in post #3 you should be charged the fee for each segment no matter how it is booked.

Again, murky waters!  Guess we will find out.  When you go on Ocean Now once OB…does it only open that voyage?  I think,

unfortunately, it does.  If that’s the case, then we may have to initiate for each b2b.  

Hopefully, someone on a b2b can tell us.  

1 hour ago, skynight said:

In Princess' terms each segment of a cruise has a voyage number. On the old cruise cards you could see this number. Your voyage, 49 days around S.A. is 3 voyages. Based on what is highlighted in post #3 you should be charged the fee for each segment no matter how it is booked.

That's what I mean by weasel words.  In the app, when I go to purchase my discounted wifi package, it shows that I can purchase the plan for the entire voyage under my single booking number.   My printed travel summary shows my cruise booking number and below that is my voyage number.  It does not list three voyage numbers.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

46 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Again, murky waters!  Guess we will find out.  When you go on Ocean Now once OB…does it only open that voyage?  I think,

unfortunately, it does.  If that’s the case, then we may have to initiate for each b2b.  

Hopefully, someone on a b2b can tell us.  

10 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

That's what I mean by weasel words.  In the app, when I go to purchase my discounted wifi package, it shows that I can purchase the plan for the entire voyage under my single booking number.   My printed travel summary shows my cruise booking number and below that is my voyage number.  It does not list three voyage numbers.

Princess VP Sales was clear about this at the announcement.  But we all know things can change.

The $15 Ocean Now fee applies according to how you booked.  If you booked three physicals B2B2B, then you pay 3X.  If you booked a logical that covers the same dates as the B2B2B, then you pay once.

AFAIK, we still get 3 mini-bars if we qualify.  I'd rather be charged 3X no matter how booked than lose the mini-bar if they decided to go consistent.

• Thanks 1