Looking forward to our next South Pacific cruise

18 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Don't know if this has been answered before, but, are there any stops on the Tahiti and Tuamotu Islands cruise where you can just walk from the tender stop/dock to snorkel we hate to be limited to shore excursions.

The easy answer to your question is no  .... but

On Fakarava you go go right on the main road and down about 3/4 mile there is a small beach with some shade ... you can wade out far and you will find some snorkel locations but nothing like some of the excursions where the fish are larger and the coral superior. 

On Rangiroa there is a public beach past the Kia Ora resort but it's a long walk and again nothing like some of the excursions which have sperior snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Which time of year is best to travel here?  I see you seem to go at various times of year but for a "once a decade" trip frim the U.S., what would you recommend?  Your photos are stunning ... and we've been looking at these islands for a couple of years now.  I'm ready to start some real planning ahead.   Thanks!  

47 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

Which time of year is best to travel here?  I see you seem to go at various times of year but for a "once a decade" trip frim the U.S., what would you recommend?  Your photos are stunning ... and we've been looking at these islands for a couple of years now.  I'm ready to start some real planning ahead.   Thanks!  

i’m on a cruise in French Polynesia right now, and we’ve actually had very good weather, but looks like the next couple of days could be rather rainy. As I tell people a bad day in French, Polynesia is often better than most days back home 🙂 I prefer the shoulder seasons of March and April and October. I usually always take my groups during the shoulder seasons but the price was fantastic for this week. The driest time is during June, July and August but it’s also the most expensive time. People sometimes want to go when it’s not as hot and not as much humidity but they want to see the waterfalls in and lush vegetation. But you can’t have it both ways. What produces those waterfalls and lush vegetation of course is rain.

Pictured is our group enjoying the drift snorkel of the North Pass on Rangiroa yesterday 

1F54B6E8-3B3E-40B5-89EB-6810FB014306.jpeg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinking of doing a cruise to these spots in the beginning of Sept 2025 ( Sept4-17?).. Some sites say the rain can be upto 4" per day, others say 8" per day.  Im ok with rain, but not torrential rains.  Should I not consider this trip?  I think it's from Fiji-Tahiti.  Flight hopefully R/T from Los Angeles