Port Authority Bus Terminal to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

davy jones

2 hours ago, davy jones said:

What is the best way to do this?

If “best= easiest, take a taxi or Uber.

If “best” = least expensive, (assuming you are travelling light) walk a block east to Times Square subway station and take Seventh Ave. IRT down to Wall Street station, than walk a couple of blocks to pier 11 for ferry across to BCT.

Alternatively, the "A" or "C" train from Port Authority Bus Terminal to Jay Street-MetroTech in Brooklyn. Walk two blocks south onto Smith Street, then free transfer onto B61 bus to Van Brunt Street and King Street. The Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is just west of Van Brunt Street.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:28 AM, davy jones said:

What is the best way to do this?

I think you are on our Oct. 25th sailing on the Miraviglia.  If you are returning on November 5th and want to share car service or Uber or Lyft back to Port authority email me at ehshansky at yahoo dot com.  We are 2 adults with 2 roller bags and two carry ones.  Ellie.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, EllieinNJ said:

I think you are on our Oct. 25th sailing on the Miraviglia.  If you are returning on November 5th and want to share car service or Uber or Lyft back to Port authority email me at ehshansky at yahoo dot com.  We are 2 adults with 2 roller bags and two carry ones.  Ellie.

We are on that sailing.  Due to the Sunday bus schedules, debarkation uncertainty and the marathon, there's a lot of potential stress on return.  We will likely drive and pay the parking fee.  I think that you can get an inside cabin for the car for about the same as the parking fee.

1 hour ago, davy jones said:

We are on that sailing.  Due to the Sunday bus schedules, debarkation uncertainty and the marathon, there's a lot of potential stress on return.  We will likely drive and pay the parking fee.  I think that you can get an inside cabin for the car for about the same as the parking fee.

You do know that the Verazzano Bridge will be closed on Nov. 5th until around 4pm.  That is why we are not driving in from NJ.  We are taking an Uber from our house to the port.  It is around $80.  If we took an Uber back they would have to go through Manhattan and would charge about $155.  Still cheaper than parking.  But I was also thinking about taking an Uber to Port Authority.  It would be around $50.  Then the bus and Uber back to our home is $25 total.  Cheaper still.  Will probably decide closer to the sailing.

The best route for us is to go through the Holland Tunnel to I78.  Getting there will avoid the marathon.  If we use self disembark and get off the ship early, we have a decent chance of to the tunnel before the traffic picks up and home in 2 to 2.5 hours.  Even heavy traffic in Manhattan will be faster than going to Port Authority and then waiting until for a 2 hour bus ride.  

Like you, final decision will be closer to sailing.