World Europa disembarkation Oct2023

cruisevirginuk

I have just spoken today this morning to msc regarding this issue. We are on the Europa 20th Oct 23 and we took msc transfers and flights and our flight on 27th doesn't leave till 18.55. I was told that we could request as late as possible disembarkation which I was told 11/12 and choose which transfer time also. We are in yc so I don’t know if it will be different for people not in yc. Whether this will happen once onboard who knows but I guess we shall find out! 😁

Edited by Cruiseforever11

15 hours ago, emmas gran said:

The people taking your room will want to board asap so you may not be able to stay beyond 9.00 to 9.30 am

Indeed, regardless of what time you are able to stay onboard, you will still need to vacate the cabin early in the morning.

2 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

I have just spoken today this morning to msc regarding this issue. We are on the Europa 20th Oct 23 and we took msc transfers and flights and our flight on 27th doesn't leave till 18.55. I was told that we could request as late as possible disembarkation which I was told 11/12 and choose which transfer time also. We are in yc so I don’t know if it will be different for people not in yc. Whether this will happen once onboard who knows but I guess we shall find out! 😁

Hi Cruiseforever11,

I am on exactly the same cruise...

Thanks for the info.  Will do the same and ask for the latest disembarkation.

Regards.

Is it still the "standarditinerary" then? (Barcelona-Marseilles-Genova-Napoli-Messina-Valetta-day at sea-Barcelona)

We disembarked in Barcelona three weeks ago and the latest time for disembarkation with MSC transfer was at 2 pm. I assume that it's possible to stay that late without MSC transfer too.

1 hour ago, cruisevirginuk said:

Hi Cruiseforever11,

I am on exactly the same cruise...

Thanks for the info.  Will do the same and ask for the latest disembarkation.

Regards.

I had to find out as I know they kick you out of your cabin at some un earthly hour in the morning as the last few cruises it's been 7.30/8am and I understand why to get cabins ready for the next lot so not got an issue with that, but it was the thought of are they really going to transfer us in the morning and then spending the day at the airport.(as that has happen before) however it looks like we can stay and then get last transfer we just need to let them know at reception when we get on.😊

Edited by Cruiseforever11

52 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Is it still the "standarditinerary" then? (Barcelona-Marseilles-Genova-Napoli-Messina-Valetta-day at sea-Barcelona)

We disembarked in Barcelona three weeks ago and the latest time for disembarkation with MSC transfer was at 2 pm. I assume that it's possible to stay that late without MSC transfer too.

Yes it is. Thank you for the info. 2pm would be perfect for us. I don't know if you could stay that late if you didn't have transfers. If we didn't have transfers we would of still of asked for the latest disembarkation as possible if we had a late flight. 

This will work for us as we are staying an extra day before we fly out.  This will give us some time for our hotel room to be ready.  This seems to be one advantage of the hop-on hop-off cruise.  Other lines must zero out the entire ship before letting anyone else board. 

• 3 weeks later...