Hayhu Beach Club

Monica887

2 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

And does anyone know how the seaweed is in Sept? I seem to recall there are typically better months than others.

Difficult to predict but that isn’t one of the months I would normally consider to be low.

Recent reports suggest there is a lot out in the Atlantic and forecast this could be another bad year when it comes ashore but that remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, boogiesmom25 said:

I booked this based on this post and am super excited!  It looks amazing!  We will be there on Feb 11 and can't wait.

I hope you have long enough port hours to enjoy.

Despite being one of the first people to discover this place we are still waiting to get there. When they were new they didn’t really have a reliable transport system in place. More recently we have had bad port hours.

29 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I hope you have long enough port hours to enjoy.

Despite being one of the first people to discover this place we are still waiting to get there. When they were new they didn’t really have a reliable transport system in place. More recently we have had bad port hours.

We may not have as much time as I'd like, but we will definitely make the most of it! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Thank you to those who are reviewing and providing pics! I have a girls' cruise Sept 2024 and I'm the planner so this is where we're going 😬

Does anyone know, if you book VIP, can you still grab a lounger on the beach if you want, or are those reserved for other bookings? And does anyone know how the seaweed is in Sept? I seem to recall there are typically better months than others.

We have VIP booked for our trip in 2 weeks, so I'll report back about the loungers on the beach too. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 1:42 PM, GetToLivin said:

Thank you to those who are reviewing and providing pics! I have a girls' cruise Sept 2024 and I'm the planner so this is where we're going 😬

Does anyone know, if you book VIP, can you still grab a lounger on the beach if you want, or are those reserved for other bookings? And does anyone know how the seaweed is in Sept? I seem to recall there are typically better months than others.

I think they are reserved for guests.  But ask when you get there if they can set a chair up for you on the beach.

We were there in October 2022 and January 2024.  No sargassum.

• Thanks 1

Also, it is about 0.7 miles from ship to pickup.  If you have wifi and WhatsApp, text them that you are leaving the ship.  It took us 15 minutes but we walk fast.  Go out of the port area/madhouse right near the flamingos and through the gelato ice cream place.  Keep following exit signs.  You do not need a cab if you are a walker.  

They did offer massages $60 I believe which has to be paid in cash as does the tip.  Double check though.

We are going here every time we return to Costa Maya.  No vendors = heaven!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Also, it is about 0.7 miles from ship to pickup.  If you have wifi and WhatsApp, text them that you are leaving the ship.  It took us 15 minutes but we walk fast.  Go out of the port area/madhouse right near the flamingos and through the gelato ice cream place.  Keep following exit signs.  You do not need a cab if you are a walker.  

We're all gym-rats so I have no qualms with a little speed walking 😬 Did they give you a map of where to go or just the instructions above? We dock at 12:30 (womp womppp) so I'm realizing between the walk and the ride we probably won't get there until 1:30pm (ship doesn't leave until 7pm though so it'll just be a later beach day).  

Thanks for the tip about the tip, I'll be sure to bring enough cash!

2 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

We're all gym-rats so I have no qualms with a little speed walking 😬 Did they give you a map of where to go or just the instructions above? We dock at 12:30 (womp womppp) so I'm realizing between the walk and the ride we probably won't get there until 1:30pm (ship doesn't leave until 7pm though so it'll just be a later beach day).  

yes.  It's really easy to find.

13 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

If you go to their website, they explain everything well.  They are also really good with responses especially with WhatsApp.  

When we were there on the 1st, they did have a group coming at 1pm so they are used to crazy port times.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 10:49 AM, boogiesmom25 said:

We have VIP booked for our trip in 2 weeks, so I'll report back about the loungers on the beach too. 

Did you make it to Costa Maya or were you on one of the many sailings recently unable to port?