Cruise Mapper App

GaryEssex

3 minutes ago, GaryEssex said:

Does anyone else on here keep a check on where QM2 is on the Cruise Mapper App (other apps are available)..... Or am I just an anorak lol

I use Vesselfinder, but keep an eye on all three Cunarders. I also find it useful when on board, if the internet is having a good day, to identify the ships we pass.

I have three apps CruiseMapper, VesselFinder and MarineTraffic installed on my phone. I've been know to pay $0.99 for 24 hours of satelitte tracking information on the MarineTraffic app on occassion when there's some particular reason I want to track one of the ships that's out of terrestrial tracking range.

18 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I've been know to pay $0.99 for 24 hours of satelitte tracking information on the MarineTraffic app

Being Scottish, I've never been tempted that badly. I always find another way to save that $0.99!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I have three apps CruiseMapper, VesselFinder and MarineTraffic installed on my phone. I've been know to pay $0.99 for 24 hours of satelitte tracking information on the MarineTraffic app on occassion when there's some particular reason I want to track one of the ships that's out of terrestrial tracking range.

You are very keen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millieloulou said:

You are certainly not alone! I check cruise mapper every morning over breakfast and throughout the day.I am especially excited when either of  the two Queens sail through the Dover Straits as we can see them from our house.

We too in the Entrance of NY Harbor uses different Marine Traffic aids to monitor the QM2 and other ship entering and when they will be viewed from our home.

It is very thrilling to see the image on the app approaching and then seeing the actual ship coming into full view in front of the home and by the VZ Bridge.

6 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We too in the Entrance of NY Harbor uses different Marine Traffic aids to monitor the QM2 and other ship entering and when they will be viewed from our home.

It is very thrilling to see the image on the app approaching and then seeing the actual ship coming into full view in front of the home and by the VZ Bridge.

You must be a Bay Ridge Boy! I’m a former resident of Shore Road and I loved watching the Sunday afternoon flotilla of ships going under the VNB. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NE John said:

You must be a Bay Ridge Boy! I’m a former resident of Shore Road and I loved watching the Sunday afternoon flotilla of ships going under the VNB. 

Yes, in Front of Fort Hamilton. As a Community Club Member of Fort Hamilton, we watch the ships during dinner time while dining especially in the summer.

On Saturdays we can see about 2-3 going out and on Sundays 2-4 going out. The Queen Mary 2 is the ship that most people takes photos of. And also causes the Belt Parkway to slow down as she passes. Sorry to say, the others don't really attract attention along the Shore Walk....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NE John said:

Either Marine Traffic or Vessel Finder....app