Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

Just now, CruizinSusan70 said:

We were on the Majestic for two weeks and only went to the inferior buffet two days for lunch.  Embarkation and sea days we went to the MDR, and most port days we went to Alfredo's for lunch.  Didn't see the pizza at the buffet during the two days we were there.  But have read on another thread that it is indeed available.  

Will never need to go to slice for their inferior pizza since our future cruises include 28 days on Enchanted, 28 on Sun and 7 on Discovery.  We can then go to Gigi's and whatever the venue will be called on the Sun.

As long as you have a premier package   If you have the plus you can go there 2 times only for free. If no package you pay each time

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We were on the Majestic for two weeks and only went to the inferior buffet two days for lunch.  Embarkation and sea days we went to the MDR, and most port days we went to Alfredo's for lunch.  Didn't see the pizza at the buffet during the two days we were there.  But have read on another thread that it is indeed available.  

Will never need to go to slice for their inferior pizza since our future cruises include 28 days on Enchanted, 28 on Sun and 7 on Discovery.  We can then go to Gigi's and whatever the venue will be called on the Sun.

Do not know where you found the inferior buffet.  We found the good one and found  pizza each day.  Usually in the 3rd cross alley from the center of the ship (first main course alley) next to the childrens area.  Found the selection in the buffet to be pretty good.

Edited by ldtr

8 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

True, but we share the 3 course meal and visit 4 times at lunch.

Sharing is not allowed if using the casual meal plan. You both must order. Look at #17 comment. "So, the prix fix menu for the causal dining can’t be shared between two people.  
If your like to share, you have to use the a la carte menu. "

Are you onboard now?

Edited by startedwithamouse

11 minutes ago, ldtr said:

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/03/princess-cruises-announces-lavazza-as-official-coffee-partner.html

They announced the change in March. Do not know exactly where they stand is using up the old product and converting fully over to the new supplier.

That's a welcome relief. My last PCL was in January, but sadly, nothing on the books for now or foreseeable future. I've seen too much ocean and need to see the inlands more... Africa... Patagonia... Greenland, etc.

3 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Do not know where you found the inferior buffet.  We found the good one and found both pizza each day.  Usually in the 3 cross ally from the center of the ship (first main course ally) next to the childrens area.  Found the selection in the buffet to be pretty good.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we found Princess's buffet at lunchtime to be inferior to many of their competitors.  No where near what you can get on Celebrity and also less choices than what's available on NCL.  It's better than Carnival, but Carnivals other included choices at lunch blows away every other main stream cruise line.

But, even with a bad buffet at lunch, Princess is at the top of the list for our future cruising choices, mainly based on the overall experience we have had on the Royal Class and hopefully the experience will be even better on the Sphere Class.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Sharing is not allowed if using the casual meal plan. You both must order. 

Are you onboard now?

No, not on board.  If you are send us all a menu that states that every one must order something.  And if it does, then my DH will order the 3 course meal and I'll buy a $3.00 dessert and then we will have both ordered something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we found Princess's buffet at lunchtime to be inferior to many of their competitors. 

This x1000.

In my family's books... PCL has the worst breakfast/lunch time buffet menus, but generally has the better to best MDR options and certainly the best desserts. HAL and X have superior breakfast/lunches, but lag slightly behind in dinner... and have worse desserts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we found Princess's buffet at lunchtime to be inferior to many of their competitors.  No where near what you can get on Celebrity and also less choices than what's available on NCL.  It's better than Carnival, but Carnivals other included choices at lunch blows away every other main stream cruise line.

But, even with a bad buffet at lunch, Princess is at the top of the list for our future cruising choices, mainly based on the overall experience we have had on the Royal Class and hopefully the experience will be even better on the Sphere Class.

We enjoy protein and veggies and are healthy eaters.  There's plenty of good choices at the buffet.

I would not describe it as inferior.

What are you looking for that they don't have?

19 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No, not on board.  If you are send us all a menu that states that every one must order something.  And if it does, then my DH will order the 3 course meal and I'll buy a $3.00 dessert and then we will have both ordered something.

Not allowed. You both must order the casual meal plan or a la carte. Not one of each. See my post above. 

8 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Have not been on NCL since my last cruise on them when I ordered meat loaf and got something that looked like it came out of an Alpo can.

I have found buffets on Royal class ships to be better than RCCL, on par with Celebrity.  Grand class tends to be a bit more restricted. We find that the  RCCL buffets have more items for kids and teens but less variety over the length of the cruise.  Princess tends to more ethnic choices. 

Each has their own view when it comes to buffets.  Most today are lacking compared to 2018-2019.

If you want a good buffet go Oceania.

9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We enjoy protein and veggies and are healthy eaters.  There's plenty of good choices at the buffet.

I would not describe it as inferior.

What are you looking for that they don't have?

Every day on Celebrity they have 3 different grilled to order items such as lamb chops, filet and chicken breast.  These rotate daily and one day per cruise they are all available.  On French day for dessert they had made to order various varieties of creme brulee's.  Wish Princess had an Italian stir fry that would let you choose a protein, pasta and sauce to be mixed.  At breakfast on X they have made to order three types of eggs Benedict.  We usually just go to IC for breakfast and the MDR or Alfredo's for lunch.

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Every day on Celebrity they have 3 different grilled to order items such as lamb chops, filet and chicken breast.  These rotate daily and one day per cruise they are all available.  On French day for dessert they had made to order various varieties of creme brulee's.  Wish Princess had an Italian stir fry that would let you choose a protein, pasta and sauce to be mixed.  At breakfast on X they have made to order three types of eggs Benedict.  We usually just go to IC for breakfast and the MDR or Alfredo's for lunch.

Then maybe for your tastes, stick with Celebrity?  Sorry, but it all sounds very unhealthy to me. 

14 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Not allowed. You both must order the casual meal plan or a la carte. Not one of each. See my post above. 

Have not seen printed proof of this, and since our next cruise on Princess is not for another year till our 14 day repo cruise on the Enchanted, things could certainly change between now and then.

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

Then maybe for your tastes, stick with Celebrity?  Sorry, but it all sounds very unhealthy to me. 

Grilled to order lamb chops, filet and chicken breasts are unhealthy?????

Made to order eggs Benedict with salmon, spinach or Canadian bacon is unhealthy?

Take off the blinders and cruise on other lines, you'll get an education.

These rotate daily and one day per cruise they are all available.  On French day for dessert they had made to order various varieties of creme brulee's.  Wish Princess had an Italian stir fry that would let you choose a protein, pasta and sauce to be mixed.

These exist on Princess, but only at dinner time and end early, usually at 21:00.  It might also depend on the ship; didn't see them as much on the Royal Princess.  On the Majestic, Sky, and Enchanted, the customized creme bruleee was on formal night in the buffet.  The Italian "stir fry" was on Italian night.  Sky still had the best buffets to date that I've experienced post restart.

Have not seen printed proof of this, and since our next cruise on Princess is not for another year till our 14 day repo cruise on the Enchanted, things could certainly change between now and then.

So, what you're saying is @Cruise Raider is lying?  

Grilled to order lamb chops, filet and chicken breasts are unhealthy?????

Made to order eggs Benedict with salmon, spinach or Canadian bacon is unhealthy?

Take off the blinders and cruise on other lines, you'll get an education.

Bacon, bread and hollandaise sauce - YES 

Ahhh, I can assure you, we dine very well.  

It's our plan for next August when we're on the Enchanted for 14 days.  Things can certainly change between now and then.

But saying "True, but we share the 3 course meal and visit 4 times at lunch" implies you have done this. Not that's what you plan to do in a year. 

17 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Have not been on NCL since my last cruise on them when I ordered meat loaf and got something that looked like it came out of an Alpo can.

I have found buffets on Royal class ships to be better than RCCL, on par with Celebrity.  Grand class tends to be a bit more restricted. We find that the  RCCL buffets have more items for kids and teens but less variety over the length of the cruise.  Princess tends to more ethnic choices. 

Each has their own view when it comes to buffets.  Most today are lacking compared to 2018-2019.

If you want a good buffet go Oceania.

Oceania is a bit above our budget.  And we believe that the Edge Class of X has a much better buffet than the Royal Class, but everyone has their opinions.  Royal Class doesn't have grilled to order items similar to the Edge Class for starters as to why we think it's better.

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

So, what you're saying is @Cruise Raider is lying?  

Well, if there's one thing consistent about Princess, it's inconsistency.  On some ships, people with a package can substitute the premium dessert for a slice of "premium" cake; on others, it's not permitted.  Don't expect to be able to bend the rules, but it's nice when the crew can accommodate. 

Edited by SCX22

7 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

These exist on Princess, but only at dinner time and end early, usually at 21:00.  It might also depend on the ship; didn't see them as much on the Royal Princess.  On the Majestic, Sky, and Enchanted, the customized creme bruleee was on formal night in the buffet.  The Italian "stir fry" was on Italian night.  Sky still had the best buffets to date that I've experienced post restart.

We don't do buffets at dinner time.  And what I mentioned was st lunch time on X which is an upgrade on what Princess offers on their Royal Class at lunchtime, but some think it's unhealthy.