Ship Transfer to Airport

jack300s

Next month we'll be on the Escape out of the Manhatten Cruise Terminal. Has anyone taken the Ship's Transfer to JFK after the cruise? If so, what time do you board the bus and about what time does the bus leave for the Airport? 

3 minutes ago, jack300s said:

Next month we'll be on the Escape out of the Manhatten Cruise Terminal. Has anyone taken the Ship's Transfer to JFK after the cruise? If so, what time do you board the bus and about what time does the bus leave for the Airport? 

We recently cruised on the Joy through the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and had a transfer to LGA.  All airport transfers were scheduled for 9:00 disembarkation with Brown tags.  They actually called us early, closer to 8:30.  Once we collected our bags and exited the terminal we were directed toward buses that were clearly marked for JFK, LGA or EWR.  I remember seeing at least 2 buses for LGA and I'm not sure how many were heading to JFK although I remember seeing one.  There was a representative there crossing names off a list.  Our bus for LGA left first at about 9:30.  The JFK bus was still there but there were people boarding. I imagine the Escape disembarkation will be similar.  If you have a late flight in the afternoon or evening, NCL was offering a sightseeing excursion with drop off at the various airports if you had flights scheduled after 2:30.

3 minutes ago, NewPennCruiser said:

We recently cruised on the Joy through the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and had a transfer to LGA.  All airport transfers were scheduled for 9:00 disembarkation with Brown tags.  They actually called us early, closer to 8:30.  Once we collected our bags and exited the terminal we were directed toward buses that were clearly marked for JFK, LGA or EWR.  I remember seeing at least 2 buses for LGA and I'm not sure how many were heading to JFK although I remember seeing one.  There was a representative there crossing names off a list.  Our bus for LGA left first at about 9:30.  The JFK bus was still there but there were people boarding. I imagine the Escape disembarkation will be similar.  If you have a late flight in the afternoon or evening, NCL was offering a sightseeing excursion with drop off at the various airports if you had flights scheduled after 2:30.

Thank you so much for the information. We do have a late flight. We were looking at the sightseeing excursion. However, when we went to sign up for it last week it was sold out. Still kicking myself for procrastinating. We will be in the Haven and I'm hoping the concierge can find a spot for us.

1 hour ago, jack300s said:

Thank you so much for the information. We do have a late flight. We were looking at the sightseeing excursion. However, when we went to sign up for it last week it was sold out. Still kicking myself for procrastinating. We will be in the Haven and I'm hoping the concierge can find a spot for us.

Have you thought about getting a "Day Room" and just relaxing before your flight?

If it's a weekend, I'll come down and shuttle you around the city. 🙂 I'm only half joking.

But really, there's enough public transit in the city that you would be fine using this. Heck, you could walk next door to Intrepid or walk down the West Side to Battery Park...well, depending on how many suitcases you have. Plenty of suitcase storage locations in Manhattan too. 

Check out the East Coast Departures page for more info on what to do on your own in the city. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/ 

15 hours ago, jack300s said:

It is not a bus. There will be hundreds of people using the transfer. As early or late as you want. As buses fill, they are sent to the airport. So very early and very late you will wait for a bus to fill. Mid-disembarkation, the buses leave as fast as people get on them. 

Personally, I would never try to save a buck and use public transportation with cruise luggage. 

We did sign up for the NCL excursion that included a sightseeing tour after our cruise ended in New Orleans.  We also had a later flight (5 pm) back to NYC.  The price was reasonable, and we didn’t want to carry luggage around w/us to explore NO after we left the ship.  The tour was excellent, pretty thorough, though we still ended up spending a few hours at the airport before our flight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PatJim said:

We did sign up for the NCL excursion that included a sightseeing tour after our cruise ended in New Orleans.  We also had a later flight (5 pm) back to NYC.  The price was reasonable, and we didn’t want to carry luggage around w/us to explore NO after we left the ship.  The tour was excellent, pretty thorough, though we still ended up spending a few hours at the airport before our flight.

Sounds like that was a good option and it worked out well for you. I learn so much on this forum. What you did was a comfortable way to deal with post cruise luggage and a wait until flight departure