Loyalty Help....

GaryEssex

So about 12 years ago I went on QM2 and am going again next year..... How can I find details of my previous trip when I don't have any booking info? Also think I used a now obsolete email address. Will Cunard be able to find the info or is this trip relegated to the bin and unusable?

I had a 22 year gap between my first and second voyages.  (I know: What was I thinking?)  My records of the former were pretty non-existent.  I sent Cunard a plea with a photo taken on board.  That was good enough for them to credit me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 57eric said:

I had a 22 year gap between my first and second voyages.  (I know: What was I thinking?)  My records of the former were pretty non-existent.  I sent Cunard a plea with a photo taken on board.  That was good enough for them to credit me.

I wonder how a 62-year gap without even a photo would fare . . . .

We had an unfortunate gap in our Cunard voyages from 1989 to 2008.  Because our earlier voyages - starting in 1973 - were in the pre-Carnival era there was no record of these.  Our tickets and information for the 2008 QE2 crossing showed us as first-timers.

I contacted the club by e-mail and they said they would credit us for all the previous crossings if we could prove them. A variety of ways was suggested, but I had kept all our tickets so that was the easiest. When the club received the scanned tickets they gave us Gold status. We were close to Platinum at that point.

On boarding the QE2 in Manhattan we were still showing as first-timers. On board, the lovely Yo-yo sorted things out quickly and restored our status.  

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

When I first travelled on Cunard in 1997, Malvina Dean was a fellow passenger, on her second Cunard voyage. They knew all about her first, despite it being 85 years earlier and her having no memory of it. 

OMG! I was on that cruise!  There was a Titanic history group on board. One of them was near my cabin. I met him when he dashed out into the hallway with his little tape recorder to record some announcement being made. He said he wanted to capture EVERY moment of the cruise. 

My father's last cruise was on QE2, her last Caribbean Christmas cruise. He was one voyage away from Platinum. He had been on Mauretania as a troop ship at the end of WWII, so he called and asked if they would count that. And they did! He loved swanking on with us as a Platinum passenger, even though they would have let him come through with us anyway. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, exlondoner said:

When I first travelled on Cunard in 1997, Malvina Dean was a fellow passenger, on her second Cunard voyage. They knew all about her first, despite it being 85 years earlier and her having no memory of it. 

When I first read this, its poignancy completely escaped me (can be a bit dense at times, and too lazy to subtract 85 from 1997). Then I read 3rdGenCunarder’s note (#7), and that rang the bell. What an amazing experience, to be on the same ship with Miss Dean!

All we have are two photos of my wife and her mother (and grandmother) on the Queen Mary in 1963. (No date on the photos, it seems, but “Taken on board RMS Queen Mary” is printed at the bottom of each.) Given the late-credit experiences described in this thread, I think we’ll give it a shot and ask Cunard to add us to the Club, once we book our TA (as soon as they release the Summer 2025 sailings).
Question: how exactly does club membership work? Assuming Cunard grants retroactive credit, will it be for both of us, travelling as a couple, or only for DW? And if the latter, should we book in my wife’s name, with me as travelling companion, in order to keep credit going and growing? (Clearly, yet another newbie inquiry.)

27 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

All we have are two photos of my wife and her mother (and grandmother) on the Queen Mary in 1963. (No date on the photos, it seems, but “Taken on board RMS Queen Mary” is printed at the bottom of each.) Given the late-credit experiences described in this thread, I think we’ll give it a shot and ask Cunard to add us to the Club, once we book our TA (as soon as they release the Summer 2025 sailings).
Question: how exactly does club membership work? Assuming Cunard grants retroactive credit, will it be for both of us, travelling as a couple, or only for DW? And if the latter, should we book in my wife’s name, with me as travelling companion, in order to keep credit going and growing? (Clearly, yet another newbie inquiry.)

You aren't technically a member of the Cunard World Club until you have completed your first Cunard voyage. You may certainly ask about it once you have booked your crossing for 2025, but I suspect you might have to wait to pursue your retroactive request for credit until completion of that first voyage in 2025.

It won't make any difference who the lead passenger is on the booking for that first voyage. You will each have separate Cunard World Club accounts with separate account numbers. Since only your wife actually sailed on Queen Mary in 1963, it would be best to only request a retroactive voyage credit for her. Cunard would probably only apply a voyage credit to your wife's Cunard World Club account and you would be one voyage behind her for your Cunard World Club status (she would be Gold status having credit for two voyages while you would be Silver status for one voyage).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

You aren't technically a member of the Cunard World Club until you have completed your first Cunard voyage. You may certainly ask about it once you have booked your crossing for 2025, but I suspect you might have to wait to pursue your retroactive request for credit until completion of that first voyage in 2025.

It won't make any difference who the lead passenger is on the booking for that first voyage. You will each have separate Cunard World Club accounts with separate account numbers. Since only your wife actually sailed on Queen Mary in 1963, it would be best to only request a retroactive voyage credit for her. Cunard would probably only apply a voyage credit to your wife's Cunard World Club account and you would be one voyage behind her for your Cunard World Club status (she would be Gold status having credit for two voyages while you would be Silver status for one voyage).

The necessity to complete a voyage was a possible issue for Miss Dean, because her Carpathia trip was only half a voyage, but the voyage staff said that in the circs they were counting it as a full voyage, so she was duly invested in the WC.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

The necessity to complete a voyage was a possible issue for Miss Dean, because her Carpathia trip was only half a voyage, but the voyage staff said that in the circs they were counting it as a full voyage, so she was duly invested in the WC.

That, plus she was presumably a non-revenue passenger for Cunard while on Carpathia. I wonder if non-revenue voyages count toward Cunard World Club status (such as comped travel agent cruises). I don't know for sure, but I would guess not.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

That, plus she was presumably a non-revenue passenger for Cunard while on Carpathia. I wonder if non-revenue voyages count toward Cunard World Club status (such as comped travel agent cruises). I don't know for sure, but I would guess not.

The travel agent who I mentioned previously was on his first voyage with Cunard. As a TA he had complimentary Platinum level with associated perks. His traveling companion was kept to a Red Top. I don't know if it was a comped voyage or not... I'm assuming not.

Edited by fourmile.ranch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I should hope so!