Post Cruise Hotel - Transportation & luggage options

DCwom

So we're staying in Waikiki post POA cruise, probably the Outrigger Beachcomber.  I haven't checked if the hotel can store baggage yet, but I'm wondering what other strategies have post cruise folks used for luggage. I figure these are the options:

1. Transport to hotel & store baggage (if available).
  2. Rent a car & tour/visit somewhere until check-in, then return car to where? Cruise port/airport, Some place in Waikiki?
  3. Take the NCL post cruise excursion to Pearl harbor, that ends with transport to a bus terminal near the Hilton on Waikiki. I'm not sure if the driver would drop you off at a nearby hotel for a nice tip or if you have to drag your luggage down the street or Uber?

What are other's experience with these, and are there others scenarios I didn't think of?

33 minutes ago, DCwom said:

I haven't checked if the hotel can store baggage yet, but I'm wondering what other strategies have post cruise folks used for luggage.

Why wouldn't your hotel be able to store luggage for you? Its virtually universal that a hotel you are registered to check into would store bags. 

34 minutes ago, DCwom said:

Rent a car & tour/visit somewhere until check-in, then return car to where? Cruise port/airport,

A very expensive option unless you actually wanted the rental car to go see something in particular like drive around the island or to the North Shore. There are plenty of options/companies (all the major rental car companies) with pickup and drop off in Waikiki- just be warned that parking in Waikiki is very expensive. 

35 minutes ago, DCwom said:

Some place in Waikiki?

Have done this a few times in Waikiki-- usually any 4-5 star hotel is willing to store bags for a non guest if you are going for lunch/drinks/etc. Just be sure to tip the bellman well. Have done this at The Royal Hawaiian, Halekulani, and the Westin Moana Surfrider. No issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Outrigger Beachcomber in July post-cruise and loved it.  After disembarkation off the POA early that morning, we arrived, stored our luggage until our room was ready. In the meantime, we had breakfast at the in-hotel cafe (French toast, eggs benedict, smoothies, all very yummy), wandered into the International Marketplace right next door (they even have an indoor dinner Luau) and the Waikiki strip outside has lots to peruse and take in, especially if you didn't have a chance to walkabout Waikiki pre-cruise.  Tons of lunch and dining options.

If those options don't interest, there is Waikiki Beach just across the street (or beachfront if you are at Outrigger Beach Resort).

We visited Pearl Harbor on our own with pre-purchased tickets to the Arizona Memorial ($1 pp), did the pre-Memorial film and VR experience  and caught the site tours, Captain's/Engineer Tour at the Mighty Mo'. 

Car rentals were easily accessible at the airport or we saw a rental location in the Waikiki Marriott Hotel not too far down the strip towards Diamond Head (about 9 mins walk).