Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

That’s putting it mildly.

That wasn’t the first thing I typed. I changed it to something more pleasant. When I sat down i felt like I fell to the ground. They’re very low. And that seat had a bar or something in my tail bone so I slid forward a couple inches. If I sat more upright I could’ve had a couple more inches of legroom. But then I had the bar. After the show was over I tried a few different seats. Some were better. None were great. I’ll definitely be trying different spots but from what I can tell that theater seating is my only option and so far I’m not a big fan of it.

• Like 9

Actually that seating reminds me of why I hate Forrest Gump so much. Back in high school me and a friend saw it at like one of these old cheap theaters that doesn’t show the newest movies. Well the seat kept digging into me. And every time I thought that dadgum. I met a lady on the train yesterday who just learned the word dadgum…so i’ll use it. Every time I thought that dadgum movie was about to end…it didn’t. That theater is funeral home now.

• Haha 20

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Is there a place they display that? In the atrium or something?

They should out out cards with the Hotel Officers at the CC gathering this morning.  Just off the pool deck in the corridor toward the Spa and Forward Elevators should be a picture board of the Bridge and Hotel Officers.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And that seat had a bar or something in my tail bone

We had the same seat experience years ago on the Breakaway. I took a picture of the "bar" in the seat. They need to pad the seats more IMO.

IMG_0912.JPG

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Stowaway LFC said:

Pardon me if I sound stupid but are the only american plugs 3 prong? I see two USB's

Those are both US by the USBs. So on the desk I have one euro or whatever if it’s and one US. Under the TV it’s 2 USB and 2 US. It’s a good setup on a ship this old.

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Is there a place they display that? In the atrium or something?

The Jewel has a bridge observation room. They are posted on the wall there. It's a cool place, you should check it out. Deck 11, port side, forward (obviously.) 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Won't they punch a hole for your lanyard for you? I know Carnival does, at Guest Services... we gotta see Monkey!

They can't hole punch the NCL cards that are using wireless to open cabin doors, the antenna goes all around the card so there isn't a safe place to punch it.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That wasn’t the first thing I typed. I changed it to something more pleasant. When I sat down i felt like I fell to the ground. They’re very low. And that seat had a bar or something in my tail bone so I slid forward a couple inches. If I sat more upright I could’ve had a couple more inches of legroom. But then I had the bar. After the show was over I tried a few different seats. Some were better. None were great. I’ll definitely be trying different spots but from what I can tell that theater seating is my only option and so far I’m not a big fan of it.

Yep, been complaining about those seats and that bar for years.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Uff da said:

She was on the Jewel in February also. Now that I do the math, I realize it wasn't that long ago. I believe they do 8 month contracts. I thought the bartender extended, but both he and Tahani may have a month or 2 to go. 

Tahani was on from November through March then went home for a very short vacation. She returned to the Jewel at the end of May and will be completing her 4 month contract soon. Cruise directors do not have 8 month contracts on NCL.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Uff da said:

The Jewel has a bridge observation room. They are posted on the wall there. It's a cool place, you should check it out. Deck 11, port side, forward (obviously.) 

The senior officers and hotel officers are posted by the library. The senior deck and engine officers are posted in the bridge viewing room on deck 11.

• Like 7

Now that’s a coffee. I’m not going to have to go back for another. But there is no line. Probably a lot of people sleeping in. Work texted me at 6am and I wasn’t able to go back to sleep. I did get a good 7-7 1/2 hours. That’s good enough for me.

IMG_2081.jpeg

• Like 22

Fancy 

IMG_2083.thumb.jpeg.f35858eaba5b8aae32f75a1fadbf4e8d.jpeg

Table cloths for breakfast. I don’t care either way but I know some people are obsessed with them.

IMG_2085.thumb.jpeg.4ec239627cbbd891b4212889a08d10e3.jpeg

So far the dining rooms are small but nice. And I haven’t had any problem getting seated right away. Nobody trying to seat me with a bunch of strangers. I’m not having to fight crowds of people hanging outside the dining room. We’ll see if that changes but it’s low stress so far.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpeg.ee7501ced889504b74c61b089aa0cef1.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 22

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Fancy 

IMG_2083.thumb.jpeg.f35858eaba5b8aae32f75a1fadbf4e8d.jpeg

Table cloths for breakfast. I don’t care either way but I know some people are obsessed with them.

IMG_2085.thumb.jpeg.4ec239627cbbd891b4212889a08d10e3.jpeg

So far the dining rooms are small but nice. And I haven’t had any problem getting seated right away. Nobody trying to seat me with a bunch of strangers. I’m not having to fight crowds of people hanging outside the dining room. We’ll see if that changes but it’s low stress so far.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpeg.ee7501ced889504b74c61b089aa0cef1.jpeg

As long as you show up as a solo, you can eat solo.  I guess if you showed up with a group, you could probably also eat solo although you might not want to since you are with a group.

• Like 4