Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

12 hours ago, pcrum said:

Trying to see what kind of shoes people wear. Do you need special snow shoes or hiking boots? I’m from FL so don’t know about these things, lol. 

No they gave us spikes to put on our shoes. I was wearing regular walking shoes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Ok. Can some NCl People clarify this cruise next thing? I thought it was pay $250 now and it counts as 500 your next cruise. This looks like pay 250 and you get 100 OBC. And if you pay 500 you are basically committed to two cruises because you can only use 250 per cruise unless it’s haven which I will never book. But you get 250’OBC each cruise. Is that what the deal is?

Seems like less of a deal than I thought. $100 isn’t enough for me to commit to them. And for $250 I’d have to commit to them twice.

IMG_2772.png

The way they market this is extremely confusing. In fact all of NCL marketing is. 

Just remember it's OBC on the cruise you're on now. So if you buy two $250 certs ($500) your on board account is only charged $250. NCL runs double up offers more often than not, so you will most likely be able to use two CND on a future sailing. They're also transferable so if you end up deciding to not use them you can sell them on social media. NCL also markets them as deposits but many here have reported being able to apply to an existing booking. So say you find a great price but only apply one CND and a few months later they run the double up promo, just call your ta or NCL and they can apply the second CND to your booking then. There's also the random triple up promo but I haven't seen those as often and only for balcony and above so far. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, carohs said:

The way they market this is extremely confusing. In fact all of NCL marketing is. 

Just remember it's OBC on the cruise you're on now. So if you buy two $250 certs ($500) your on board account is only charged $250. NCL runs double up offers more often than not, so you will most likely be able to use two CND on a future sailing. They're also transferable so if you end up deciding to not use them you can sell them on social media. NCL also markets them as deposits but many here have reported being able to apply to an existing booking. So say you find a great price but only apply one CND and a few months later they run the double up promo, just call your ta or NCL and they can apply the second CND to your booking then. There's also the random triple up promo but I haven't seen those as often and only for balcony and above so far. 

Great explanation!  Much appreciated!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carohs said:

I guess I’ve cruised NCL so much I’m used to the Cruise Next promos.  

Great explanation.

Just keep an eye out for the double up and triple up promos.  All-in-all, it’s a way to get a discount on a cruise, either in the form of a deposit match ($500 deposit for a $250 Cruise Next Cert) or to get OBC on the cruise you’re on.

The Cruise Next folks at their kiosk can explain what promos are available for you right now.

Again, loving the pics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, carohs said:

Do they still have the stipulation that the cruise you book must be 6 months in advance? I remember that being a thing when I bought them last year. It's fine, but I just want him to know you can't use them for last minute bookings. 

There are also CruiseFirst certificates which can be purchased any time on the website. Spend $150 get $300. Cruise must be at least 4 months out. I just bought one of these for my next cruise when they had the special to spend $250 get $500, so basically the same as CruiseNext. As a matter of fact, I booked the exact cruise Greg is on now but next year. It's part of our 25 day great Alaska adventure. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Uff da said:

Do they still have the stipulation that the cruise you book must be 6 months in advance? I remember that being a thing when I bought them last year. It's fine, but I just want him to know you can't use them for last minute bookings. 

There are also CruiseFirst certificates which can be purchased any time on the website. Spend $150 get $300. Cruise must be at least 4 months out. I just bought one of these for my next cruise when they had the special to spend $250 get $500, so basically the same as CruiseNext. As a matter of fact, I booked the exact cruise Greg is on now but next year. It's part of our 25 day great Alaska adventure. 

I'm going on NCL to the British Isles in 2025. I used a Cruise First towards that. I've never cruised NCL before. Got it when they offered 250/500.

• Like 3

Just now, Stowaway LFC said:

I'm going on NCL to the British Isles in 2025. I used a Cruise First towards that. I've never cruised NCL before. Got it when they offered 250/500.

It's a great deal! I love that NCL offers it. I mean, who doesn't like free money? 😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Uff da said:

It's a great deal! I love that NCL offers it. I mean, who doesn't like free money? 😉

$250 off a future cruise isn't that great to me. Don't get me wrong I'll utilize any savings available to me but comparatively to the cost of the cruise and fluctuating prices it's a small discount. You can buy AARP Carnival gift cards for 10% savings, for example. Disney offers a $250 placeholder deposit onboard which also includes 10% savings on a future booked cruise. Depending on how many days you sail and which cabin, $250 may be a better deal or not. When deciding on a cruise, you bet I'm going to compare all-in pricing and any available discounts to me.

28 minutes ago, Uff da said:

Do they still have the stipulation that the cruise you book must be 6 months in advance?

Another example of NCL's murky advertising! I'm not 100% certain of this. It may be CF or CN or both, but NCL did have a 120 day stipulation. Basically you can't use them within the PIF window, which includes new bookings too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, carohs said:

They're also transferable so if you end up deciding to not use them you can sell them on social media. NCL also markets them as deposits but many here have reported being able to apply to an existing booking. So say you find a great price but only apply one CND and a few months later they run the double up promo, just call your ta or NCL and they can apply the second CND to your booking then.

I believe they are going at about 50 cents on the dollar on resale (from what I've read)? So a $250 goes for around $125? Basically means you're not losing money resale because you're getting them for 50% off when you buy... But that also means if you have a cruise you want to go on you can hit up the resale boards and essentially buy them for what you could on the boat without. Although you trade the risk that you won't use them for the risk of potentially getting scammed when resale...

They definitely let me add a 3rd cruise next to a current sailing when the offer showed up a couple months after I booked. As long as it's before final payment they are pretty generous because you can always cancel and rebook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carohs said:

Another example of NCL's murky advertising! I'm not 100% certain of this. It may be CF or CN or both, but NCL did have a 120 day stipulation. Basically you can't use them within the PIF window, which includes new bookings too. 

Right now, NCL is having a promotion that ends today which allows you to use 2 CN on any room type and within any time period. I just booked a last minute Alaska cruise departing October 20th, outside cabin and got to use 2 CN.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1