Sapphire Family Two Bedroom Suite Info

ceilidh1

There isn’t a ton of info about these elusive rooms in the grand class ships, so hopefully this helps someone.

There are two suites on Deck 9 all the way forward. The suites are actually a mini suite connected to an inside room, with a common sitting area connecting them. The mini suite has a tub and shower and the inside has a shower. The large balcony gets very windy while at sea, and the forward position means you will feel more movement.

These suites can only be booked by phone with princess - even a TA needs to call to book. Pricing is based on 4 person occupancy, so 3rd/4th guest rates don’t apply unless you have more than 4 pax. If you have less than 4 pax, you still pay the per person rate times 4. The booking will come as two rooms/two booking numbers. They both get full suite benefits.

IMG_8764.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

IMG_8766.jpeg

IMG_8767.jpeg

IMG_8768.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

IMG_8770.jpeg

IMG_8771.jpeg

• Thanks 5

How does the price compare to the other suites/cabins? Since they never list the Family suite price on the site there is no way for families to get an idea of price comparison so many may not even consider it?

2 hours ago, Womble99 said:

How does the price compare to the other suites/cabins? Since they never list the Family suite price on the site there is no way for families to get an idea of price comparison so many may not even consider it?

Less than a regular suite but comparable to paying for two balconies - remember, you are paying full fare for four passengers! Real world example: Sapphire May 11 2024 14 day Alaska: Family suite is $4374 per person (times four) while Vista suite is $7,719 per person. Lowest balcony category is $4613 per person.

• Thanks 2

Thank you so much for posting this, I have always wondered about these. Doesn't it sleep up to 8? So I assume the mini suite for two, the interior must be a quad (so four "bunk beds"), and the sofa in the living area must be a double? 

• 8 months later...

I've always wondered if these types of suites exist.  Hubby and I travel with Sis and her husband, and this setup would be great.  We try to get adjacent cabins with balconies opening to each other, but this would be better, I think.  It seems the layout would be ideal for many families.

Using an interior cabin just for sleeping makes perfect sense.  We've considered two interior cabins for sleeping and separate bathrooms, with a balcony across the hall for hanging out together.

Our family is on Regal this next January and was able to book an S5 suite SD122. It is all the way in the front of the ship.   There are four of us and they bring in a cot for the fourth person.  It is not a family suite.  Third and fourth person are much lower priced than first and second (less than one half of first two fares.  We booked through Costco.  The closets are way bigger and have a lot of storage.  U tube has a video of these types of cabins.