Enchanted Princess Club Class Reserve collection, priority boarding question from HELIX Terminal Barcelona Spain Oct 21, 23

MKAH

Hello,

On October 21st, my wife and I will be boarding the Enchanted Princess at Helix Terminal in Barcelona as Mini Suite Club Class, Reserve Collection customers.   

and cruise tickets allow for priority embarkation.

Is anyone familiar with the Helix Terminal in Barcelona and the boarding process with Princess?  Where specifically do we go, at what time may we arrive, do we simply show our tickets to the Terminal Staff, and they will point us to the correct location?  Its my understanding the Helix Terminal has three floors.  Which floor will we need to go to, or will someone tell us?

The reason I ask, is our first cruise out of Brookland NY, we DID NOT have priority boarding Club Class tickets.  After waiting in a long line to get into the terminal, we then waited for several hours in the terminal with thousands of other people until our group number was announced. No food or water was available in that terminal, but they did have restrooms, thank goodness.

On our second cruise to the Bahamas out of Ft. Lauderdale, we had purchased Mini Suite Club Class tickets and arrived pretty early.   A very friendly worker walked straight up to us, scanned our Medallions and then personally walked us straight onto the ship with zero waiting.  As I recall, the area where we boarded the ship used a different gangway.  That was very nice because we're in our mid-sixties and rooms full of thousands of people are claustrophobic for my wife which suffers from anxiety in super crowded areas.  That is one of the many reasons why we upgrade to club class tickets now.

BTW, this is our 3rd Princess Cruise.

Thank you in advance.

Mark and Kathy Nicholson
Redding California

We were boarding the Enchanted Princess in July and the Barcelona terminal was very well managed. I didn't notice different lines for security and boarding, but the line moved at a fast pace and it took 15 minutes of almost continuous walking from leaving the taxi to entering the ship. Make sure you have the luggage tags printed and attached to your bags; we boarded at 12 o'clock, I suspect the line was longer for the earlier boarding.

Edited by Maira11
Typo
  • Like 1

We have boarded in Barcelona before.  There is one line to drop off luggage and then go through security.  Then you go upstairs and wait to check in with Princess.  Once you check in with Princess show passports ect you will then be directed to priority area to wait to board.  Then you will go through another security and board with priority boarding.  We arrived at thr terminal about 10:30 am and we were on the ship about 11:30 - 11:45.  

• Like 1

We have also boarded in Barcelona many times.  We will also be boarding there in November for our Med/TA on the Enchanted.

The Barcelona terminal has always been very organized and timely.  You'll have no problem knowing where to go, as they will be directing you from the time you enter the building.  We tend to arrive after 12:00 to avoid any lines and usually just walk right onboard.

• Like 1

Oxo,

Excellent point.  My Princess Cruise Itinerary describes: Terminal D & Terminal E.

I was fooling around on the Barcelona Cruise Terminal website and found a schedule using the following link: www.barcelonacruiseterminal.com/schedule.    Pretty cool, eh?

After advancing the Calander to October 21st, 23, I see that the Enchanted is scheduled to be at the E-HELIX Terminal. barcelonacruiseterminal_Schdule_October_23.thumb.jpg.6cc55a09dbddb54f3ee1582008dc56b9.jpgbarcelonacruiseterminal_Schdule_October_23.thumb.jpg.6cc55a09dbddb54f3ee1582008dc56b9.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MKAH said:

Oxo,

Excellent point.  My Princess Cruise Itinerary describes: Terminal D & Terminal E.

I was fooling around on the Barcelona Cruise Terminal website and found a schedule using the following link: www.barcelonacruiseterminal.com/schedule.    Pretty cool, eh?

After advancing the Calander to October 21st, 23, I see that the Enchanted is scheduled to be at the E-HELIX Terminal. barcelonacruiseterminal_Schdule_October_23.thumb.jpg.6cc55a09dbddb54f3ee1582008dc56b9.jpgbarcelonacruiseterminal_Schdule_October_23.thumb.jpg.6cc55a09dbddb54f3ee1582008dc56b9.jpg

MKAH Thank you very much for taking the time to provide many of us the details. People like you make these forums valuable sources of information.

Again, thank you and happy Cruising! 

• Like 2

Your very welcome and we also appreciate the contribution of everyone here and on cruise ships.  Some of the most   interesting and likeable people we have ever met, have been on cruise ships.

• Like 3

We cruised out of Barcelona on the Enchanted last month, and I’m sorry I can’t remember the designations of different lines. I can say, however, that there was little to no line in in any of them when we arrived at 10:45 AM. We are elite, so we were able to walk right on after checking in. I’m going through security. It looks like the regular line was about to start being released board also.