Renewing Passports By Priority Processing

aliaschief

11 hours ago, aliaschief said:

FYI. Need to renew passports? We did. Submitted June 29 paying extra for priority mailing and processing. We received our new passports today Aug 24. Just saying don’t procrastinate as processing takes awhile.

Totally agree!  

• Like 1

I applied for our renewal passports August 2.  Our check cleared August 8.  We received our passports August 21.

I overnighted our application and paid the $19 to have our new passports overnighted back to us.

I also paid the $60 expedited fee.

When I applied, I thought it would tack 7-9 weeks.  I was very relieved to get them so quickly.

I agree with you, do NOT procrastinate.  We were probably very fortunate.

• Like 2

And work out ahead when you need your passport for other holidays.  We built in a four month no foreign holiday period just in case for DHs passport renewal. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aliaschief said:

FYI. Need to renew passports? We did. Submitted June 29 paying extra for priority mailing and processing. We received our new passports today Aug 24. Just saying don’t procrastinate as processing takes awhile.

Interesting. Mine was officially entered in the system on June 30. I received the new one yesterday. That appears to be the same timeline as yours except that I did not pay extra for anything. I suppose it depends on which regional office processes the application and how busy they are.