Live from the Zuiderdam - August 26 to September 2 - Maine and Canada

Rubyfisch

38 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

Have there been any classical music performances onboard?  Which venue(s)?  

We love your photos.  What are you using to take the pics?

I haven't been to any of the live music (it's not really either of our things) so I'm not sure what exactly is going on).

Glad you are enjoying my pictures! Everything is taken with my Pixel 6.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 4:57 PM, Rubyfisch said:

There is a cute little shopping area at the port area. They also randomly had little blueberry tarts they were giving out to celebrate Holland America's 150th anniversary.

PXL_20230828_103301575.thumb.jpg.1b1da292c9eaac5e508e843d826d330f.jpg

Made me smile to see these are still being sold.😊

I use mine everyday! Found an additional use for it - makes a great egg holder to keep 'em from rolling around while I'm cooking.

Now I want one of the bright colors - my options were limited, but the pans eyesight is not great so they don't know!🤭

16934218585023152857455023408606.jpg

• Like 1

Very much enjoying your pictures and review. Port Charlottetown was canceled last year due to Fiona and is not on our itinerary this year, so I'm visiting virtually through your pictures. Looks lovely!

We are B2B Sept 16-29 Canada New England  - following your review is like a warm up or pre-season for me to get ready, lol.

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Very much enjoying your pictures and review. Port Charlottetown was canceled last year due to Fiona and is not on our itinerary this year, so I'm visiting virtually through your pictures. Looks lovely!

We are B2B Sept 16-29 Canada New England  - following your review is like a warm up or pre-season for me to get ready, lol.

It is a lovely port (weather notwithstanding).

10 minutes ago, powderhorn said:

Noticed you tied up with the Zaandam in port today…impressive to see HAL well represented here in Charlottetown….sorry about the rain this morning…glad to see you enjoying the cruise and port stops!

The captain said the same thing about both ships in port.

• Thanks 1

So - question for others with more Holland America experience than I have. This time, I didn't book Have It All because it wasn't worth it is, but for next year, it included all the early bonuses (crew appreciation, premium internet, etc.), so we did book it. Can the shore excursion credit be used in advance of boarding, or is it like On Board Credit? Also, so they assign you a dinner reservation, or do you book it?

Last night was the Orange Party, but we didn't end up going. We've been enjoying the Crow's Nest after dinner. My partner worked on a puzzle and I learned how to play Sjoelen  (Dutch shuffleboard).

The seas were a bit rocky last night - up to 2 meters. We don't get see sick, so it's not a problem. Although, embarrassing, I was climbing up a set of stairs and missed one and toppled over (I was fine). While my partner was admonishing me to watch my step, she did the same thing. Nothing was injured other than pride, but I'm pretty sure half the ship may have seen it ... Or it least it felt that way.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

So - question for others with more Holland America experience than I have. This time, I didn't book Have It All because it wasn't worth it is, but for next year, it included all the early bonuses (crew appreciation, premium internet, etc.), so we did book it. Can the shore excursion credit be used in advance of boarding, or is it like On Board Credit? Also, so they assign you a dinner reservation, or do you book it?

Yes, you can book with the Shore Excursion credit as soon as the excursions become available on the website. In advance of boarding.

You book your dinner reservation, they don't assign it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunset Viewers said:

Thank you so much for all your photos and posts. We are on the Sept 9-16 cruise. Is lunch available at the Pinnacle Grill on today's sea day or any other day? Again, we are really enjoying your posts!

Yes - Pinnacle is open for lunch today:

Screenshot_20230831-092200.thumb.png.bf6c4d9344c6dcfcc419df40ec197150.png