What Time To Catch HAL Transfer Bus at Seatac?

Roz

I'm sailing out of Vancouver next month.  I'm flying into Seattle the day before, staying at a nearby hotel overnight, and then taking the HAL transfer to Canada Place the next day.  What time should I plan on being back at Seatac in the morning to board the bus?

• Like 1

I am supposed to be doing this one week from today.  I have gotten no written or email info from HAL. I had to call and ask.  And even then it was contradictory.  I did find out it is in the orange section of the parking garage.  At first I was told between 8-10am.  Then no later than 9am.  I still am not really sure to be honest.  If you decide to call HAL and ask, please post back here what response you get. 

• Like 1

@GatorMomInNC, if I find out anything I'll let you know.  

At other airports I was told to look for the HAL rep in the baggage claim area.  Seatac has a huge garage.  I have no idea where the orange section is. 

I looked it up on the map.  I think what they said was "by the orange elevators in the parking garage"

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2022-04/Web-Terminal-Map-Overview_3-28-22.pdf

But, I feel SOOOO uncomfortable not having written, confirmed info.  If I miss the bus because there was a communication, whose fault will that be?  I asked if they could send me the instructions and they said no. ?????

• Like 2

I'm inclined to go to the baggage claim where the HAL reps meet and greet passengers flying in that morning.  I think I'll head over there around 8 am. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it is always the same, but I am paying $79 next week.  My flight to Seattle was  about the same price as the one to Vancouver, but I could get upgraded to first class. 

The big difference, for me, was the hotel. I get in at midnight and the hotels in Vancouver were super expensive, even the traditionally cheaper ones by the airport.   I cringed at the thought of spending $500 for, literally, 9 hours in a hotel.  I know it is a 3 hour bus ride but I'm hoping I will get a chance to meet some fellow cruisers (I am solo) or just catch up on my sleep since I will be a little jetlagged. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Roz said:

I'm inclined to go to the baggage claim where the HAL reps meet and greet passengers flying in that morning.  I think I'll head over there around 8 am. 

This would be exactly what I would do. My understanding is you need to be checked in with the HAL Rep prior to 9:am

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roz said:

I'm sailing out of Vancouver next month.  I'm flying into Seattle the day before, staying at a nearby hotel overnight, and then taking the HAL transfer to Canada Place the next day.  What time should I plan on being back at Seatac in the morning to board the bus?

I've done the shuttle from SEA to Vancouver twice, the last time was in late April of this year. There has always been a HAL rep right at baggage claim to check us off and direct us. I don't know that it's changed, but that's been my experience. I think we got there about 8 or so. Don't remember the time we had to be there by.

Edited by jljcruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Hi Roz,  we currently have flights to Vancouver but are thinking of changing them so I can’t see the prices for the shuttle.  What does the HAL shuttle cost from Seattle to Vancouver?  Thank you 

Hi Mary, Our cost was about $79pp IIRC. The bus ride is about 3 hours, depending on the time through customs at the border. We find the bus transfer is the easiest way to go. We've done it twice, last in April of this year 

Edited by jljcruise
Add info
  • Like 1

Correction: I just checked my email confirmation and I paid $79 each way. 

@Mary229, HAL only operates their shuttle on cruise days.  You'll need to take the private shuttle.  I forget their name but I've used them pre-covid.  Their current schedule gets to Canada Place at 2:30 pm, way too late.  What are they thinking?

• Like 1