Ketchikan - crab feast?

Lynzchat

In Ketchikan: Has anyone ever done the ALL YOU CAN EAT Dungeness crab feast at George Inlet Lodge without the ship excursion? Just curious how to eat there without the ship tours. Thanks!

Edited by Lynzchat

There was an excellent review from High Seas Paul & Cindy on Youtube.  They booked through the cruise line and were shocked when it really wasn't 'all you can eat and unlimited drinks'.

Here's the link to the video: 

20 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the option is for all you can eat crab anymore.

15 hours ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

There was an excellent review from High Seas Paul & Cindy on Youtube.  They booked through the cruise line and were shocked when it really wasn't 'all you can eat and unlimited drinks'.

Here's the link to the video: 

Thanks for the video! That’s a nice video and very honest. 

• Like 1

We did this last June.  We booked directly with George Inlet Lodge.  They picked us up and returned us to the ship.  The patrons on the cruise ship tour were all in a room and it was about 150 people.  We had just 12 people that booked directly with them at our table and had our own room.  So you can imagine that refills on crab and drinks came much sooner.  I was full and started to crack the crab for my husband.  He was very satisfied with this meal.  It is not unlimited alcohol, it is one drink.  You have unlimited tea and soda.  The blueberry cheesecake was amazing and just the right end for a delicious meal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisingbandmom said:

We did this last June.  We booked directly with George Inlet Lodge.  They picked us up and returned us to the ship.  The patrons on the cruise ship tour were all in a room and it was about 150 people.  We had just 12 people that booked directly with them at our table and had our own room.  So you can imagine that refills on crab and drinks came much sooner.  I was full and started to crack the crab for my husband.  He was very satisfied with this meal.  It is not unlimited alcohol, it is one drink.  You have unlimited tea and soda.  The blueberry cheesecake was amazing and just the right end for a delicious meal.

OH WOW! I love this post. I was worried about the crowd. I found the website where I can book directly through them. Thank you for letting me know that they did pick you up. 

57 minutes ago, cruisingbandmom said:

That's awesome!  Thank you for sharing.  I thought this was limited to only cruise ship bookings.  

My wife and I did the same excursion as the video that cmmaxwell03 posted. We have actually done this twice once in 2016 where the service seemed much faster and we got more crab to eat. We did it again in 2022 and we found the service was a bit slower so we were only able to order 1 refill of crab. It was very good both times but I suspect they slowed down the service to save money on crab.  

In case you are looking for lots of crab:  we did this tour but thru the cruieline:   https://alaskashoreexcursions.com/ketchikan/silverking-lodge-adventure-seafeast-tour

There were 8 to a table.  The food is served family style with all the food in the middle of the table.  We couldn't finish all the food and left crab uneaten.  It was really tasty.  It was very rustic and other than tongs to grab the food and crackers to open the crab legs, you ate with your fingers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dd57 said:

In case you are looking for lots of crab:  we did this tour but thru the cruieline:   https://alaskashoreexcursions.com/ketchikan/silverking-lodge-adventure-seafeast-tour

There were 8 to a table.  The food is served family style with all the food in the middle of the table.  We couldn't finish all the food and left crab uneaten.  It was really tasty.  It was very rustic and other than tongs to grab the food and crackers to open the crab legs, you ate with your fingers.

this is great! What cruise line was this?