Onboard Vista anyone managed to access online review?

jo-b

We noticed on here that the end of cruise review is now online and advertised in Currents.

I looked out for the announcement which came about two days ago and have been trying to access the site since then without any success. 

Neither my husband or I have been able to get past the login page.  Hooding your date of birth from the drop down menu is practically impossible, then you need a password press login and after several minutes an error message about a time out. 

Surely O aren’t trying to stop us possibly commenting adversely?? 

• Like 1

They don’t care about the reviews or many things would have been changed by now..i.e. poor communication to passengers.  Have had conversations with staff regarding the reviews and they smile and give you the what do you think look.  Posting on CC or TripAdvisor reviews is good for letting others know of your experience (the good and bad) or if a serious matter send a letter to Miami where maybe you will get a response but doubtful.  

From experience, signing in to complete the survey is a problem.  When you try to set your birthday, even when you select the correct month, day and year, it seems the program will put in a random year which is frustrating to correct.  Then, you need a password - why?  You should just need to enter your room number.  Usually around this time I give up. You can tell this is an Oceania IT product - basically unusable.  Paper surveys may be old fashioned, but at least they worked.  Maybe Oceania's new slogan should be "complex solutions for simple problems." 

• Haha 5

Or they could  just send an email  survey  after the cruise   when people have time to sit  & mull over the  nit picks  from the real issues

Give people  10 days to complete the survey 

Forget the  fake OBC   that no one can use if they win

JMO

• Like 2

Well I’ve now ploughed my way through the survey by dint of using the Concierge laptop! It seems Apple devices don’t like the site’s security or lack of and won’t connect. 

Abysmal waste of time, just reinforcing how divorced from the frontline Os back offices are! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We've found it challenging on most of our recent cruises on O. Getting to it, getting it to submit, etc. Going to the Internet guy is very worthwhile, but there's frequently a line to see him/her.

O DOES care about the surveys. When I've expressed concerns, I've gotten written or phoned feedback fairly quickly. My DH and I always start with the positives we've experience on the cruise, and then talk about the disappointments factually and offer a possible solution if we have one. This seems to have been very effective.

Reading the above comments -  In defense of the online survey, I've completed it on every cruise and haven't had any problems.  The login ID is your Oceania Club number which is on your card. Then you enter your birthdate and you're in. I do it on my iPhone. Never had a problem connecting to the survey on my iPhone. My technical skills are average at best and I have found it to be easy. I completed the survey in 15 minutes. Never had the need to go to the internet guy onboard for help. 

I agree that we should be allowed to complete it after we disembark however the online survey eliminates the need for huge piles of paper that will take a great deal of time to process. 

• Thanks 1

I tried it on both the phone and the pad umpteen times, as did my OH neither of us could get past filling in our loyalty number which I knew by heart by the time we finished. 
It was the reception staff who told us there was an issue with Apple devices and to go to the concierge and use his laptop.