Elbow room

Longlocks11

Myself and 3 other friends are about to book a cruise for the Caribbean. We are late 50's early 60's women.  It seems to be much cheaper if we all stay in one room which is nice so we can all talk and plan our next day. I'm just wondering how crowded it will be? If I remember right the upper bunks aren't the most comfy. Roominess is the big issue. We do pack light. I bag each. Carnival cruise line is who we are going on. Any thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Longlocks11 said:

Myself and 3 other friends are about to book a cruise for the Caribbean. We are late 50's early 60's women.  It seems to be much cheaper if we all stay in one room which is nice so we can all talk and plan our next day. I'm just wondering how crowded it will be?

Four in a standard room would certainly be cheaper. But it should be a no-go for four adults! Look for two connecting rooms -- made up as twinbeds. You will each have a bed NOT four inches from the ceiling, and only sharing the bathroom (and storage) with one other person. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/28/2023 at 9:10 PM, Longlocks11 said:

Myself and 3 other friends are about to book a cruise for the Caribbean. We are late 50's early 60's women.  It seems to be much cheaper if we all stay in one room which is nice so we can all talk and plan our next day. I'm just wondering how crowded it will be? If I remember right the upper bunks aren't the most comfy. Roominess is the big issue. We do pack light. I bag each. Carnival cruise line is who we are going on. Any thoughts? 

It would be cheaper, however there will not be much room to move around, plus four women and one bathroom is inconvenient at best. I would look for either a two adjoining cabins, which gives you twice the space and two bathrooms, or a two bedroom/two bath suite.

When you are looking at cabins, check square feet and then measure that out in your home to get a feel for space per person.