Recent Experience with Embark in Quebec City Question

CNSJ

Posting this in the HAL forum as it's specific to HAL embark.  I also asked in Canada Forum and the Roll Call.

Boarding Zuiderdam on 1 Sep 2023 in Quebec City.  Boarding Pass says Quebec City, Ross Gaudreault Cruise Terminal which is by Old City and Piers 22/24.  All port schedules show Zuiderdam at Pier 30 which has a separate Cruise Terminal.  I will try to get an answer from HAL today, but often recent Cruise Critic members have the more accurate answer.

Do we go to Ross Gaudreault terminal to check in and then get moved to ship by shuttle?

Do we go to Terminal at Pier 30?  

I am assuming its Pier 30 as the disembarking passengers will need a terminal and the ship wouldn't want to move the luggage.  ????

Appreciate any insight.  Don't want to have to Taxi to one, to have to retaxi -  It appears Zaandam ties up at 22/24 during our time in port.  We don't both fit. 

Late edit:  It will be easy to see which terminal the ship is at on arrival on 1 Sep!

Edited by CNSJ
Added sentence

I would suggest going to Pier 221in any case.  There is a shuttle between Pier 22 and Pier 30.  I'm not sure what other facilities there are at pier 30 so I don't really know how boarding works. 

I have a slightly different situation.  I arrive in Quebec on QM2 and leave on Crystal Serenity October 25 so I was wondering how to get from one to the other.  This is the answer I got when I asked the port authority:

"Bonjour Roy,

You are right about the location of each ship at the Port of Quebec for these dates. There will be a shuttle on Pier 22 parking lot that can bring you to the Pier 30 terminal. Otherwise, there will be taxi and uber drivers available on those dates that can bring you to Pier 30 from Pier 22.

I hope I did answer mostly of your questions.

Have a nice day !

Superviseur des opérations croisières et événements"

Roy

I called HAL and was told to go to the wrong terminal.  Zaandam will be at the Dalhousie pier when it arrives from Montreal. The port guide shows where ships will dock.

We're on Zuiderdam Sept 16 B2B and will be at Quai 30, the same pier as N Statendam a year ago.

Cruises - Vessel schedules - Cruise ships schedule - Port de Québec (portquebec.ca)

IMG_0693.JPG

To me, It’s clear as mud! Haha

From our roll call and the port site we know Zuiderdam is slated to be at 30.  But we also read it seems that could be behind a secure area that you get to after a terminal checkin process somewhere else nearby?

I also see this on the port site that says it’s accesible by foot and taxi,..

0545A4CA-AB3B-4111-AA25-8081884ED0A3.jpeg

OK, I feel a bit sheepish. While I still contend that the info sent ahead by HAL was skimpy on details, the process couldn’t have been more intuitive.  There is ample signage, all the way into the nearby city streets which directs folks to “zuiderdam, 30” or “zandam”. 

the boarding and Check in was smooth, and quick.  Multiple folks checked to ensure we didn’t have our “Z” ships mixed up.  All the Uber and taxis seemed to stream in and out as if they knew exactly where to go.  We walked from the Manoir Morgan, across the street from the Frauntenauc (spelled wrong, I know) and it was all downhill less than a mile and easy even with large rolling luggage. We could see the shop from blocks away.  

HAL also provides a free shuttle to the edge of town to get you out of the industrial/port area if you prefer.  It stops at the drawbridge and runs to the terminal every 10 mins or so. We took it venturing back out to town and then walked in on the return with no problems.  

• Thanks 2