Live!! Birthday Bermuda Cruise! 70 and 40! 9/4 MSC Meraviglia YC

Mycykfamilytime

2 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

Bon Voyage, Mariner!   Ive always thought Mariner seems like a nice  boat.  All the fun things, but not quite as big as the Oasis Class.   I’ve never sailed her though. 

A6C0D7E5-D00C-445B-A902-6E532E4081E9.jpeg

F04ECB69-B39E-43DD-B497-E20F633AAB64.jpeg

AA509458-A304-435F-8018-6798DD92D71A.jpeg

Mariner was our very first cruise with our kids back in the early 2000's. So many fond memories. At that time she was huge. We sailed on her several times from PC and then one year out of LA when we sailed down to Cabo. Whenever we see her now in port we always say we need to sail on her again someday. 

We had a wonderful waiter this time.  Law, from East India.   He recommended a beautiful Chilean red and after that we asked him to make all the decisions.   He basically gave us a tasting menu.   Asparagus soup, beef consumed faux grais,  shrimp cocktail, the surf and Turf, and the “unhealthy” gnocchi… cherry jubilee, affogato, and baked Alaska.  It was a super fun dinner.   Highly recommend Law!  

894FD063-26D5-4B60-855B-7F21C2D7B53B.jpeg

BD2FB12C-1616-4FBC-BA26-21DE8C633CA3.jpeg

BF93F6EC-490A-41F7-88B7-C0E31E1A38BF.jpeg

84956595-408D-42C7-B61E-2FCC7026E6BE.jpeg

FED0E704-682F-432F-AC1D-53319E2D4D31.jpeg

80A93CD7-E5C2-4A4C-9683-0CB9DCFC25EE.jpeg

B6D2C210-6304-4857-820E-46A3FB0FA2CC.jpeg

8B805E7E-0949-4FC6-8347-FFCEE7D599C3.jpeg

F671E22D-3718-4D10-B265-A3DB32142C1E.jpeg

60940000-F909-4504-B670-890556C5CA30.jpeg

• Like 2

George Casey, Irish comedian. Super fun.   Half the audience of the same demographic walked out halfway, but they’ve walked out half way through almost every show so I don’t think it’s specific to the comedian.  “The women who gains a few extra pounds lives a lot longer than the man who mentions it”.  

1 hour ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

Highly recommend Law!  

He’s one of my absolute favorites and I definitely recall him prescribing a “small” (was not small) taster of one of the other entrees a few times for me in addition to whatever I selected. See if you can catch when he’s headed home on vacation for me, please?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

Deep couch sitting.  Getting in some quality book time.   Reading hotel Nantucket, I like the occasional chick lit as the break from my usual British mysteries.  I read a lot of international news so when I read for fun I’m not very sophisticated.  

Send me your drink suggestions!!!  I’m not a huge drinker normally but I’m trying to do my part this cruise.  For cocktails, I tend to like tart and fruity but necessarily super sweet.  I like gin… That being said as long as it doesn’t have bourbon, I’m down for trying it.   

95C3295E-BA16-459C-8C63-361CA05DB10A.jpeg

665A07AC-7A60-4EDF-A66D-44E26A2D2564.jpeg

There is a "G & T Club" menu with five different gin and tonics here if you scroll a bit.

https://profcruise.com/msc-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/

• Like 2

Transportation:    The information center at the port sells day passes for public transportation for 19 each.  

That being said, if you get outside of the port area and go to a post office, you can buy the local zone 14, 15 token passes for 37 and then share it and use it the whole time you’re there.  

Don’t wait in line at the Tourist information on your first day.  I recommended just getting in line for the ferry and paying 5 dollars cash to get on the ferry the first day and then buying the local token passes while you’re away from Port.   The tokens are good for 1 ferry ride or 1 bus ride all over the island and don’t expire!  You also skip the big line at Port on the first day! 

31F339BA-0D52-44CF-B2B8-D041252F74C1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

I think we’re heading there today.  How did you get there?  By bus? 

Yes. The #7 bus from the dockyard, The stop is just past Horseshoe Bay . It’s at  “ Warwick Long Bay/ Jobsons Cove”.

We might be there again today since we loved it so much! Fish  in the water in the cove too!.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, iceburg1 said:

Yes. The #7 bus from the dockyard, The stop is just past Horseshoe Bay . It’s at  “ Warwick Long Bay/ Jobsons Cove”.

We might be there again today since we loved it so much! Fish  in the water in the cove too!.

Ok.  We’re on the bus from St. George to the caves and then after that we’re going to make our way to the beach!  Maybe we’ll see you there!   Good to know we can just take the bus back.  

Just now, laudergayle said:

Is this the blue hole near Crystal Cave?  Water looks beautiful…is it cold?  Did Mom jump, too?

Yes, I think so.  We didn’t do the Crystal Caves but I believe they’re close!  She jumped last time she was here 5 years ago but this time she took the much more treacherous path where you are supposed to go out.  I think jumping would have been easier but she said she had already checked that off her list.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

I think we’re heading there today.  How did you get there?  By bus? 

At Horseshoe Bay, if you are standing on the beach looking at the water, go to your right and walk around the rock head.

The cove is on the other side.

• Like 1