Port Canaveral Florida Scooter Rental

I am disabled and contacted Scootaround.com scooter provider service for Royal Caribbean Cruise on 10/28/2023 rather than bringing my own equipment. They told me they do not deliver scooters to the stateroom at this port and I would need to find their booth in Terminal 1 to pickup the scooter. I have looked high and low at terminal maps for this port and cannot find a Scootaround kiosk or booth for Royal Caribbean. Does anyone know where this is located in RC Terminal 1? 

19 hours ago, PrincessElite said:

I am disabled and contacted Scootaround.com scooter provider service for Royal Caribbean Cruise on 10/28/2023 rather than bringing my own equipment. They told me they do not deliver scooters to the stateroom at this port and I would need to find their booth in Terminal 1 to pickup the scooter. I have looked high and low at terminal maps for this port and cannot find a Scootaround kiosk or booth for Royal Caribbean. Does anyone know where this is located in RC Terminal 1? 

If you have a disabled license plate and a ramp attachment on your vehicle to carry your equipment to the port terminal, you will be allowed to park in a handicapped parking space at no charge (in case you do want to bring your own equipment). I will have my own scooter on board the Mariner of the Seas leaving PC on 10/28/23; will you be on Mariner as well? Yes, we have seen the rental scooters are right at the terminal where you will be boarding the ship.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

1 hour ago, Szt said:

I had. I idea this is even a thing. How wonderful! How is it getting around the ship on a scooter?

For me, most people have been courteous and attempt to move out of the way for me or hold the elevators doors for me because they close very quickly; however, there are a few who jump in front of the scooters or wheelchairs to get into an elevator first, even when I've gotten there first and waited awhile. That does not happen very often though. I can walk but not far or stand for very long, so, while on the larger ships, I am glad to have my scooter if I feel the need to use it.

• Like 2

I appreciate your reply. Yes, I have a disabled placard for my car. I do not have a scooter but a wheelchair. Wanted to rent a scooter so my wife would not have to push me around the ship. I can stand and walk very short distances so the scooter should work out. Thanks again! 

• Like 2

We used Scoot-Around at Port Canaveral in July. They have a roped off area right at the entrance doors to the terminal, you can't miss it.

We actually liked the set up as I was able to wheel DW up all the ramps rather than have her walk (she's in Chemo and just gets tired easy) the drop off process was just as simple.