Discounts MAY be available for those sailing with military...

MamaParrotHead

Let's try this again. I posted this yesterday, and a few people saved some decent bucks (a couple hundred atleast) but the thread got pulled because people were asking for my PVP information.

***DISCLAIMER*** please do not post asking for my PVP information, or anyone else offering up their TA/PVP info**** I know it sucks, but those are the rules.

My PVP called me yesterday morning and told me he had discounted our friends' cabin (that we're sailing with) $242 pp, because Carnival had brought back their policy that anyone (up to 2 additional cabins) sailing with someone eligible for the Military Discount (Veteran/Honorably Discharged, Retired or Active Duty) could also receive near the Military Discount (Military Discount +$40). You may want to check with your TA or PVP to see if you qualify.

That is all. :) (hoping I don't get in "trouble", but this deal is really something that I hoped everyone who is eligible could take advantage of)

:mad: I just called my TA and she said not all cruises get to use it and of couse mine can"t. It would have been a nice discount for my son.

My PVP told me that 3rd, 4th, and 5th pax aren't on all sailings, but that the 1st and 2nd in another room would. Try calling carnival directly and ask them, then take the info back to your TA. The discount was $20 over the military rate. (4days)

I called yesterday as soon as I read your post on the other thread. The guy (Carnival 800 line) didn't know about it so asked. I knew I wouldn't get it. he came back and told me to call today because it would go in affect. Got his extension and tried this morning but no answer. Called the 800 # just to talk to anyone and I got the credit for our second cabin. Had a hard time for some reason having them do a ship credit but they figured it out.

So a big THANKS to you for posting because I would have never known if it wasn't for reading your thread. And I didn't use a PVP or TA for my booking or checking on the discout, just the 800#.

Thank you for posting this - I just called Carnival and since we are traveling

with my sister and her husband (who is retired military) we were able to save

$388.00 on our November Spirit cruise. I love it when a discount comes

together.!!!!!

It is important to remember whether dealing directly with the cruise line (Carnival or any other for that matter) or dealing with a TA, not all cruises will offer the discount and not always will it apply to X number of cabins. It depends on the occupancy level at a given time. If the ship appears to be filling up discounts of any kind may not be available. Isn't that what we call Supply and Demand? LOL

I know that when I booked my 1/7 Valor cruise the discount only applied to the first two people in the cabin leaving the 3rd and 4th pax to be the same price.

My PVP said that the 3rd and 4th was only on some sailings. But she did say I could use it for a 1st and 2nd in other rooms.

I called my TA yesterday after reading the original post - she called Carnival and talked to several people (including a supervisor) and was told the "F&F" extension of the military discount was only for new bookings. Is that what people are finding to be true? In reading some posts, it seems like some folks are getting the discount extended to additional cabins on existing bookings. Of course, there's always the 'not every sailing' caveat that would probably snag me....

Let's try this again. I posted this yesterday, and a few people saved some decent bucks (a couple hundred atleast) but the thread got pulled because people were asking for my PVP information.

***DISCLAIMER*** please do not post asking for my PVP information, or anyone else offering up their TA/PVP info**** I know it sucks, but those are the rules.

My PVP called me yesterday morning and told me he had discounted our friends' cabin (that we're sailing with) $242 pp, because Carnival had brought back their policy that anyone (up to 2 additional cabins) sailing with someone eligible for the Military Discount (Veteran/Honorably Discharged, Retired or Active Duty) could also receive near the Military Discount (Military Discount +$40). You may want to check with your TA or PVP to see if you qualify.

That is all. :) (hoping I don't get in "trouble", but this deal is really something that I hoped everyone who is eligible could take advantage of)

Sorry the thread got pulled.

Thank you for posting this - I just called Carnival and since we are traveling

with my sister and her husband (who is retired military) we were able to save

$388.00 on our November Spirit cruise. I love it when a discount comes

together.!!!!!

You go!! :D :D I am happy for you!

I received my F&F credit on my already booked cabins. It was a nice little treat. As I explained to them and I hope they will keep it this way. Why couldn't I get the military discouts for both cabins in the first place? We are all part of the same military family carrying ID's and it shouldn't have been seperate.

I recieved about a 400-500 discount on our bookings for Apr 07. As I understand there is actually different Mil Discounts. I don't know what they all are. I had a originally booked your basic 6A. Then I got a new PVP (go figure--i'm on #4 now) and she gave me a call to say hi. We got to talkin and asked about the partially obstructed balconies. Long story short --she moved me to a 7A and still reduced my overall fare--and she mentioned changing the code. Soooo, I don't know much more than that --but I believe the number of staterooms avail for the mil discount is a static, and it pays to book early to take advantage of the few military perks we do get.

C

I received my F&F credit on my already booked cabins. It was a nice little treat. As I explained to them and I hope they will keep it this way. Why couldn't I get the military discouts for both cabins in the first place? We are all part of the same military family carrying ID's and it shouldn't have been seperate.

Hmm.... that's interesting - they extended the F&F discount to an existing booking after telling my TA it only applied to new bookings. Oh well, we got the military discount on one cabin (>$500 off) so I'm certainly not gonna complain that they won't extend it to our 2nd cabin. Would have been nice though (sniff....) ;)

MamaParrotHead - All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I e-mailed my TA today with this info and he called me back to tell me he discounted the other 2 cabins who are travelling with us on the Miracle in July!!!! He spent an hour on the phone with Carnival until he finally got someone who was able to work it out for us. He had never heard of the friends and family discount (he also never heard of the military discount when we booked the cruise last fall). So now I guess my cruisemates owe me a few drinks - do you think???;)

PS - Wasn't able to discount the 3rd person in either room, just the 1st and 2nd. Also FYI - my DH is a veteran, not active. (10 yrs in USAF)

Thanks for the info. Called me TA today (Esctasy 6/17/2006) and was told that I could get the F&F discount $200 on one cabin (double) and $160 off the quad. She said $200 was taken off for the 1st and 2nd passengers but the 3rd and 4th passengers rated increased.??? but I'm still happy with the savings. Thanks

Archived