LIVE: 🗽 Lady Liberty 🗽 Heads North 9/2 - 9/7/23

7 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Addition to the coffee mug collection from Maine.  Surprisingly, We did not see a starbucks to add Nova Scotia to the collection.

IMG_1186.thumb.jpeg.e7c2a3be9fef5192cc0467dd7b3c7ec6.jpeg

There are a few Starbucks in Halifax but I don’t think there is a Nova Scotia mug. I have only seen an ‘Atlantic Canada’ mug but that may have changed since I last noticed. 

23 minutes ago, carbeau said:

There are a few Starbucks in Halifax but I don’t think there is a Nova Scotia mug. I have only seen an ‘Atlantic Canada’ mug but that may have changed since I last noticed. 

That’s surprising to me.  Atlantic Canada seems super generic.  Probably would have still bought it though lol 

• Like 1

for those that are daring, not necessarily in shape which i am very not in shape, you should rent a car and drive to peggys cove and spent much more time there than any bus does. you can climb up and down the rocks and get some very cool views and points of view. i spent hours there. devising methods to get up one slope of rocks and then coming to too wide of a crack then having to find another way around is fun. yes i said it. fun! just do it! 

then when you leave the cove drive 'the other way' (left) and you will have some very nice views of the water and how people live there.

stop in the Finer Diner for some lunch. it's very very good. i always stop there. then if you have time when you get back to town just drive around and enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

for those that are daring, not necessarily in shape which i am very not in shape, you should rent a car and drive to peggys cove and spent much more time there than any bus does. you can climb up and down the rocks and get some very cool views and points of view. i spent hours there. devising methods to get up one slope of rocks and then coming to too wide of a crack then having to find another way around is fun. yes i said it. fun! just do it! 

then when you leave the cove drive 'the other way' (left) and you will have some very nice views of the water and how people live there.

stop in the Finer Diner for some lunch. it's very very good. i always stop there. then if you have time when you get back to town just drive around and enjoy. 

I would 100% do that over the bus tour.  The guide said there was an issue with a bridge when you turn right out of Peggy’s Cove so we did go left past Hacketts Cove and The Finer Diner.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Addition to the coffee mug collection from Maine.  Surprisingly, We did not see a starbucks to add Nova Scotia to the collection.

IMG_1186.thumb.jpeg.e7c2a3be9fef5192cc0467dd7b3c7ec6.jpeg

Next time you're in Halifax, Starbucks is in the Superstore grocery store a few minutes walk from the pier.Its just one that says Atlantic Canada,so you can get in in NS,NB,PEI,and NFLD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

That’s surprising to me.  Atlantic Canada seems super generic.  Probably would have still bought it though lol 

Definitely generic but maybe based on the popularity of Starbucks in the area? Atlantic Canada is definitely Tim Hortons heavy, although there seem to be new Starbucks locations popping up fairly regularly!

Sorry about the bus and your tour guide… hopefully he at least told you to stay off the black rocks.  Peggy’s Cove is beautiful! I’m glad you enjoyed Halifax otherwise ☺️

5 minutes ago, carbeau said:

Definitely generic but maybe based on the popularity of Starbucks in the area? Atlantic Canada is definitely Tim Hortons heavy, although there seem to be new Starbucks locations popping up fairly regularly!

Sorry about the bus and your tour guide… hopefully he at least told you to stay off the black rocks.  Peggy’s Cove is beautiful! I’m glad you enjoyed Halifax otherwise ☺️

Definitely enjoyed Halifax. Beautiful especially the coastline and waterfront area.  Next time I’d like to see the Maritime Museum and spend some time checking out the restaurants along the water.  Now I know where to find that darn Starbucks that was hiding from us!!

Our  bus guide told us Tim Hortons was owned by Burger King.

• Like 2

Morning was a bit gloomy with high seas & white caps galore but the day looks to be shaping up nicely.  Sun is coming out now and the balcony is delightful.  Just warm enough in shorts and t shirt, nice breeze not too hot/not too cold.  Seas are a bit rocky but nothing crazy.

IMG_1198.thumb.jpeg.cdcf4ca4f77c9557d404d83baec08495.jpeg

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 2